“Fun Experience. Thanks Mike, Randy, Yesherwa!”

Bob's Hawaii Adventure
Ranked #158 of 338 Tours in Honolulu
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Such a fun day and fantastic experience. I'm afraid of most things and if I can snuba, you can do it! I don't snorkel as the fear of water going in my snorkel gear & in my mouth makes me gag... I don't scuba as the fear of lack of oxygen freaks me out... even though I was a little nervous getting into B.O.B... my nerves went away within seconds of entering the water... it really is a great experience (1 of those things you must try at least once in your life). The crew are just amazing, they are with you the entire time and right behind you underwater, making sure you're okay and having a great time. We were lucky enough to see 3 turtles & an array of colourful fish swimming up to us. They even give you free time to snorkel/swim at your own pace (within their sights) or you can laze about & catch some rays on the boat. I have to give a big shout out to the cool crew who kept cracking jokes and clearly love what they do - MIKE, RANDY, YESHERWA (hope I spelt that right?) You guys rock! Thanks for making this such an enjoyable experience!

2  Thank jrossifamily
in 6 reviews
in 10 reviews
in 10 reviews

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Just did this adventure last week, 7-19-13...a bus took us to the boat. The boat was small and had two benches on the inside to sit on. No bathroom at all. The yellow BOB's were on the back of the boat and I was the first one to go into it. You have to duck your head way down to get up into the empty bubble. It is open at the bottom and then you are told where to put your hands and feet, you sit still on the scooter and a lift lowers you into the water. The bubble had water near my neck but I could breath OK. A diver is with you all the time, and you are lowered down to about 60 feet. A cable holds you from going any lower. The diver pushes you around, you do not steer the scooter. The diver puts food into the water around you and fish come all around your face. My ears were OK but I had to swallow all the time because of the pressure. I was down below about 15 minutes and was brought up by the cable and put on the lift and hoisted up on the boat. Photos were taken of me with the fish...59 photos exactly, no videos at all. The lift broke after the several people went up and down and we were told the BOBs were out of use. There were 18 of us on board

3  Thank Disneydolly
Reviewed 27 May 2012

We had a fabulous time out on the water with these guys!!! They were very attentive and made certain that we had great pictures and wonderful memories!! We rode the underwater scooters.

We took underwater cameras but they were useless - THe pictures the team took of us are priceless. We purchased the disc and were given 71 pictures and 6 videos! Definitely TOP NOTCH customer service!!

Sam and Mike and the other guys gave each group individual attention and personal guidance when we were under water. They would dive down and bring up certain items for us to hold an they would take our pictures and they also provided us with net bags of bread so that the fish would come to us and we could see them close up.I even got to feed them out of my hand I really loved the individual attention they gave every passenger! Great trip and Great crew!!!

Visited May 2012

4  Thank litlhulk
Reviewed 23 April 2012

Fun in the sun!!!!! Well it rained for about two minutes but boy did we have alot of fun. I was so scared but the guys made you feel so relaxed it made it alot better. Phillip took some great photo,s of us and they came out great. Would do this again and again.

1  Thank mrsidol
See more reviews
Reviewed 1 October 2011

Loved the whole trip! Started out raining, but gorgeous sunny day after 5 minutes of rain. A few people on boat got really sick. The waters were a little choppier than our previous days in Oahu. We saw tonnes of dolphins. First a group of four, then a pod of about a dozen or so. then I saw two jump full body out of water while a pod of six or so showed their fins! We also saw about four large green sea turtles.

The trip includes snorkel gear and life vests so that you can snorkel while you wait. One turtle surfaced right beside four of the snorkelers! Snorkelling gives you a good perspective on the distances underwater because all of that is distorted when you are wearing the bubble helmet.

Actually going under is quick and you are guided down by one of the divers, so you have no time for last minute panicking. The pressure on your ears was much higher than expected, but I started chewing as if I had gum and both ears soon popped. It made the pressure much more bearable after that. Distances and sizes are distorted, but you can see everything so clearly. I had trouble controlling the scooter, but the divers ensure you don't get too far off track. Best part is that they take photos of you, so you can just enjoy the ride. You also get to feed the fish. Photos are a cost, but they customize to only include the ones of your group on your CD.

Fumio, brad and rest of crew were great. Very engaging and informative. Only complaint was that after the tour, it takes so long to get the photos, as they talk to each group separately and show photos before and after you purchase. I ate at Yummy Korean BBQ next door after smelling their food down the corridor. Highly recommend this trip!

4  Thank snowBoardBunny