“Divinely Delicious!”
Review of Azure

Azure
Reserve with OpenTable
Azure is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 2,373 Restaurants in Honolulu
Neighbourhood: Waikiki
Connecticut
“Divinely Delicious!”
Reviewed 14 August 2014

My favorite meal was at Azure! Attentive staff, stellar location (the Royal Hawaiian Hotel, love the history of it), great table ~ could watch the Waikiki waves roll in, fantastic food, not to be missed if you find yourself in Honolulu!!!

Reno, Nevada
“Another beautiful dinner location on Waikiki”
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Great place for Valentine's Day dinner, with a view of Diamond Head. The menu was limited as it was a tasting menu for the special occasion. However, the food was excellent. We had a couple nice glasses of wine. It was our second time at the restaurant, the first time was more challenging as we had the kids with us. This time was relaxed and unhurried.

• Visited February 2014
Alexandria, Virginia
“Surprisingly well priced!”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

After a very bad experience at Mai Tai Bar, the a bar adjacent to Azure in the Royal Hawaiian Hotel, I swore off the entire place. However, a year later I decided to give it a shot...and wow, am I glad I did. I went with 3 friends to celebrate a birthday. We were given a beautiful table with a clear view of Diamond Head and the beach - gorgeous. The restaurant itself is beautiful and very intimate. The subtle Moroccan decor includes lanterns and long white curtains - very "Miami meets Aloha." We all opted for the tasting menu with wine pairing. Each course was incredible, with the standout being the first course, Ahi. The service was both friendly and un-intrusive, with each course and wine pairing timed perfectly. At slightly over $100 for the tasting menu, which had 5 courses and 3 wines, it was one of the better fine dining deals I've seen around Honolulu. I will definitely be back for special occasions; it was perfect.

Gothenburg, Sweden
“Best food in town, but...”
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I feel conflicted about this place. Let me say this first, the food is stellar, and they serve the best risotto I've ever tasted in my life!!! (This says LOADS, as I literally grew up in a country where risotto is a basic food group!)

However, having said that, everything else about this place sucks. We've been there twice (my dad insisted that he wanted to eat their risotto again, I would not have returned), and both experiences were similar.

a) reservations don't mean anything. We waited both times for almost thirty minutes before being seated.
b) it seems this restaurant doesn't care about having customers. With a couple of exceptions (our servers), the treatment of us was dismal. For instance, the first night we asked for Internet access, as our son had had trouble falling asleep and I needed to monitor him on our phone. Nobody cared, and despite a huge check, the restaurant was unable (unwilling probably) to help us get onto the hotel's WiFi, even though I had clear reception.
c) Don't bother if you're colored. Both evenings we had brought along a friend from the Caribbean. The second night, the hostess gave her a treatment that was so despicable and racist that I would've left on my heels had it not been for my shock (I'm European and not used to blacks being treated like filth or slaves) and my dad looking forward to his risotto.

In summary, great food, but they don't seem to care about those who eat it. Weird place. I would've given them a one star for the racism, but the food saved their hide!

3 Thank Hans H
Undisclosed Location
“Beautiful location, Amazing Food and Excellent Service”
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

We have been coming to Hawaii for several years and Azure for yet another year, remains our top pick in Waikiki beach. Normally it is just adults but this time we came with children. We made an early reservation and requested outside seating. The kids loved the lawn area overlooking the ocean with all the tiki lamps, and watching the hula dancer. We were seated at a nice outdoor table with a great ocean view, our server Brett was, as always, fantastic. He brought a nice coloring set for the younger one and made special drinks for the kids. The children's menu was very good. We also love the bread and the fresh salted butter and clam dip that come with it. Normally we go for the tasting menu but opted for one of the many fresh fish offerings. Each comes with two sides, we all opted for the opakapaka fish with the corn and mushroom, and jasmine rice sides. The fish was fantastic light, fresh and flavorful. The preparation was perfect and so were the sides. It is on the pricier side but well worth it as it was really nice to have a very good meal in a very nice setting yet easy for children. We made a reservation to return before we left.