“Looking Down on Paradise”

Blue Hawaiian Helicopters - Oahu
Book In Advance
More Info
US$320.00*
and up
Complete Island Oahu ECO Helicopter Tour
Ranked #37 of 337 Tours in Honolulu
Reviewed 2 August 2011

Awesome helicopter tour! Our pilot was an excellent guide, describing the history surrounding the sites we viewed. In addition, over specific sites, the pilot turned the helicopter so that riders on both sides could see. My tour lasted 45 minutes, and I was able to purchase the video of my tour, as well. I came away with a much better appreciation and love for the island. And that nifty video, too!

1  Thank Easy_Traveler19

Reviewed 28 July 2011

Please give yourself a treat. It was wonderful! Our pilot Julie was really good. She is a very good pilot. She was excellent as a tour guide. She told us exactly what we would see. I would recomend this flight!

Reviewed 19 July 2011

A class outfit all the way.  On time pick up, straightforward and not over the top safety briefings but mostly the helicopter.  I have been in a few helicopters before but the Eco Star is nothing but pure comfort.  This activity may be a pricey option for some, if you can afford it splash out, you won't regret it.

1  Thank chippytrent
Reviewed 19 July 2011

We really enjoyed our flight. We had never travelled on a helicopter before but it was quite smooth and the pilot was very good. We enjoyed the sights and commentary and it really gave us a good overview to the island. Negatives were the fact that we couldn't see some of the places as were on the other side of the craft and he didn't turn it enough ..we missed part of the Pearl Harbour memorial which was really disappointing. Our advice is to try to get the front seats then you see everything! It is expensive but we thought it suited our time frame.

1  Thank bendigoboy
Reviewed 15 July 2011

I won't go on and on about how incredible it is to see Oahu from the air because I can't say anything that hasn't been said before. But it certainly is incredible (photos here: http://bit.ly/gIiWEX).

What I do want to share is our experience with Blue Hawaiian. The day we were supposed to have our tour was overcast, and the company called me to let me know it was possible they wouldn't go out. The pilots gave the ok, however, so we were picked up by the shuttle. On our way there, it clouded over, and our trip was canceled. Our shuttle driver offered to drop us off in downtown Honolulu or back at our hotel, our choice, and gave us advice regarding when to reschedule (he suggested morning rather than afternoon).

We were impressed with his disposition to improve what could have felt like a wasted morning. We were even more impressed when we discovered in conversation that he was the manager of the company driving the shuttle because the normal driver was out sick. It's always nice when the big bosses aren't "above" doing more basic tasks to fulfill their duties to a customer. When we eventually did have our tour, customer service continued in the same vein. We would happily tour with them on another island in the future.

1  Thank emilyinchile