“Wow is all I can say!”

Blue Hawaiian Helicopters - Oahu
Ranked #57 of 334 Tours in Honolulu
Reviewed 10 July 2014

If you want to see the entire island and you don't want to fight traffic, I would highly recommend taking a Blue Hawaiian helicopter. The flight was nice and smooth. We got to see mountains, waterfalls and vast farms of vegetables, bananas and pineapples. We also saw much of the coastline. It was a great trip.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,351)
All reviews
in 34 reviews
"other islands"
in 14 reviews

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Fun outing. safety brief, prep etc was not too lengthy. friendly and courteous staff. reasonable price for SD card from inside the helicopter. I would def recommend this outing. Must-do activity for Hawaii trip.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I apologize for the late entry since my trip was back in June of this year, however, this is the first thing I talk about to friends and family of my trip to Hawaii. I was excited about the ride up to the point of walking to the helicopter. I then realized what I was going to do. This is coming from some one whom is terrified of roller coasters. The idea of flying 110 miles per hour in an aircraft with no doors, well.....This tour was the best. And by saying that, isn't enough. Every one from the gentleman who picked us up and returned us to our hotel, staff and pilot did an outstanding job. Brodie, our pilot. did an excellent job flying and narrating the tour. His handling of the aircraft put me at ease due to the weather being a bit windy. If you have enough time to do one thing, TAKE THIS TOUR. There is nothing more exhilarating than having 110 M.P.H. wind blowing through your hair and seeing the island from the air.

PJ O, Manager at Blue Hawaiian Helicopters - Oahu, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Salutations, George E. -
Well written review...I could literally feel your excitement. Funny thing is, we feel the same way. You'd think after flying and being around helicopters for 15 years I'd be jaded, but going up in that aircraft with the doors off remains a true thrill. We started doing tours in that Magnum-style helicopter about two years ago and the fan base has expanded exponetially. Thanks for your encouragement and for spreading the word: Doors Off truly is the only eway to fly.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

It was my first time on a helicopter. It was a lot of fun. I felt safe during the entire trip. The pilot, Adam, was really pleasant, polite and fun too. I purchased the video of the flight for $26 and I am very happy to have a recording of those amazing 50 minutes!

1  Thank chicago_zurich