“Friendly place to rent bicycles and mopeds”

Hawaiian Style Rentals & Sales
Oahu Independent Bike Tour
Ranked #16 of 307 Outdoor Activities in Honolulu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We are Waikiki's premier moped, motor scooter, scoot coupe and bicycle rental specialists. Each of us is committed to delivering every customer an unforgettable experience on two or three wheels. While traveling by motor scooter or moped, riders can enjoy breathtaking views of our islands pristine coastline, explore engulfing waterfalls, and even climb to the peaks of craters. Here at Hawaiian Style Rentals and Sales, we teach all of our first timers how to operate and ride a moped, as well as making sure you start your adventure with all safety tips for the road and a map with our suggested routes. We are also Oahu's exclusive dealer for Genuine Scooter Company. Every new moped comes with a two year unlimited mileage warranty and roadside service. Mahalo!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
Lacey, Washington
“Friendly place to rent bicycles and mopeds”
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We have rented bicycles on all of our trips to Hawaii from Hawaiian Style Rentals and Tours. This time we also rented mopeds and had a great time. Their rentals are always well taken care of and in great condition. We find the rental fees reasonable and always get a coupon for a discount on additional rentals. The staff is friendly and helpful for my first time riding a moped. Fun!

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great way too see the island”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I got the scooter late Sunday and rented it for two days with full theft and damage protection. I paid 130 out the door and was able to keep it 2 full days. Seeing the island by scooter is so much more adventurous and fun than by car, and you don't need to worry about parking because they are treated as bikes. Get the sport ed. It's worth the extra 20.

2 Thank Rcazneaux
Honolulu, Hawaii
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Fun guys, Fun time”
Reviewed 23 June 2014

Over the course of the last year I've rented both scooters and bicycles from Hawaiian style. I thought it was about time I write a review.

First of all. these guys are great. Regardless of how busy they are you always seem to find the time to give you personalized service. Its like having good friends every time you visit Waikiki.

Also, Trust their recommendations they've been here a long time and they know the pretty spots and best places to eat.

You might feel a bit discouraged when they bring up the insurance. Don't let it. It might sound like they're trying to squeeze a bit more money out of you but trust me. the peace of mind is worth it.

A lot of people like me come from relatively safe places. Hawaii is beautiful but unfortunately it has a theft problem. All it takes to steal a moped is for 2 guys to drive up in a pickup truck, get out, and throw it in the bed.

I got the insurance on my first moped rental, luckily it didn't get stolen, however during some heavy winds it was blown over and landed on its handlebars bending them back. The 25 bucks I paid beforehand saved me from a $85 charge for something i had no control over.

even If you're a little uneasy about riding they give lessons and make sure you're safe.

Check these guys out. You won't regret it

Visited April 2014
4 Thank zacccccc
Sydney, Australia
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 34 helpful votes
“Happy Happy!”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I took the advice of this site and boy, was I happy I did that. Chose the 200cc option for safety reasons. It costs a lot more than a moped, but on the highway, it's worth every cent. My scooter only had 700 miles on the odometer. It looked great, it felt great and I had the best day out on it. Yes, it cost more to rent there than most operators in Honolulu but I was not in the mood to be ripped off (having read other reviews). I'm so happy I chose these guys and I'll be back.

NYC
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 88 helpful votes
“Great bicycles and service”
Reviewed 18 June 2014

We were pleased with the selection of bikes and they were all in good condition. (Rentals on other islands taught us not to take that for granted). The staff is happy and helpful. An added bonus is that you can park your bike overnight in the secure lot next to the shop. Highly recommend.

Visited January 2014