I stayed here from March 8-12, 2014 and thoroughly enjoyed the facility. Our studio room was updated, comfortable and clean. The room looked exactly as shown on the website. There was a small under-the-counter fridge, sink, microwave, dishes, cutlery and even placemats! They have dish washing soap and I think salt and pepper too but I didn't use any of that. I went out to eat but it was really nice to know that I could bring food back and enjoy it at the kitchenette table and put leftovers or breakfast items into the fridge. You can save alot of money and use it for entertainment!
There was complimentary coffee, tea and microwave popcorn provided in the unit which was a nice touch. You can ask for more at the front desk and they happily give it to you too! Every morning there was coffee brewing and depending on when you return, there was cold water awaiting you in the lobby.
All the staff were friendly and helpful. We did not have maid service daily because this hotel is partly a time share. However, that was absolutely fine with us for the price we paid.
Be careful...they leave a card on your bed for "a free gift". Don't redeem it unless you want to go on a timeshare sell. The better part of being a time share property is that you can do your laundry there for free (separate room but I didn't use it) and they have a nice small outdoor pool with patio and a games room with internet computers to use. I don't think they have daily program activities like other time shares have and if they did, I didn't know about it.
I was out from morning to night so I really didn't use the amenities. The bed was super comfortable and the shower was superb after a long day walking and loving the beach! We had 4 nice white towels. Free wi-fi and local calls in your room were other nice touches we did not have to pay extra for!
The Hotel is just around the corner from the canal and a couple blocks to walk to Fort DeRussy Park. Walk through that park and voila--you hit a wide and quieter part of Waikiki beach. We just walked all along the beach towards Diamond Head every day. It was a beautiful walk (despite the rain!) The location is very quiet and away from the hustle and bustle of the tourists. It is only a block from Kuhio Avenue where the buses run if you want to take the transit anywhere. We didn't.
We could easily walk along the canal to the big Ala Moana shopping center. I think it is about a 20 mins. walk but the terrain is flat and the scenery beautiful and peaceful (no tourists were along there like me LOL). It's not that far so if you can walk, it is a nice walk there. If I left the hotel and walked the other direction, within minutes I found myself on the shopping streets having a great time!
We did not have a car but we noticed the staff park it for you in their parking garage. There was some parking on the street outside but it was metered. It is not on a busy street and it was pretty quiet and safe to walk at 10 pm.
Oh yes, the hotel provides beach towels and once you want them exchanged, you just give them to the staff and they give you new ones.
On the downside, we did notice that there weren't any restaurants within a couple streets except one steakhouse on the corner. There is no restaurant in the hotel either. There is an ABC store up the street on the corner though so you can always pick up snacks and sundries and souvenirs there all hours of the day! There are lots of restaurants "where the action is" about 10 mins. walk away.
This was a nice quiet place to stay on the edge of Waikiki that I would definitely go back to again.
By the way, our taxi from here to the Norwegian Pride of America Cruiseship pier was $17 so with tip we paid $20 on a Saturday morning. I was too late in booking a shuttle ride with VIP Transport at $8 per person (already full) so we had to take a taxi and it turned out just fine. I'm always looking for a deal so I wanted to let you know what we paid!
You will enjoy your stay here! But....if you want to be where all the action is, this is not the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Wyndham Royal Garden at Waikiki offers vacation ownership units within a high rise; mostly studios with a few one and two-bedroom suites. Wyndham Royal Garden at Waikiki is an ideal choice for a quiet stays in Waikiki while being within walking distance to all the action. The building is mixed use with 140 Wyndham units and 68 privately owned condos. In additions to the free laundry room and fitness center, Wyndham guests and owners have access to the game room and the media lounge. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Royal Garden at Waikiki reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Royal Garden Waikiki Honolulu
- Royal Garden Waikiki Hotel Honolulu
- Wyndham Royal Garden At Waikiki Hawaii/Honolulu