“What the heck happened?”

Aloha Tower Marketplace
Private Pearl Harbor and Free Honolulu City Tour
Ranked #114 of 335 things to do in Honolulu
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Offering stores and restaurants overlooking the harbor.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I recall being here years ago and enjoying the nice waterfront location, nice mix of upscale and tourist shops, and some variety dining options. It use to be a nice contrast to the old International Market Place in Waikiki. Put this place was EMPTY - we saw maybe 4 or 5 shops open. Odd, the place is in GREAT shape, but empty.... escalators were blocked off to the second level so I assume it is not used at all. My complaint in the past was the parking was insufficient. Not worth the bucks to park.

2  Thank Tsaki

Reviewed 23 December 2013

This place is one of my picks because I like the view from the top, I'm going on a cruise with the Norwegian cruise lines an you can see the ship from the top. some of the shop are empty but new ones are coming in. they have a good place for lunch , an dinner, great steaks at one of the shops, also for shopping for the family back home. after walking around there is not much here for activities but I loved this place, it's all about timing from March to October is the best time more thing to see . If your not in to walking then your not into Hawaii. I'm 72 years old an love walking that the only way to see Waikiki an to take photos you can not do that by riding in a car or a bus. If you look back in history you will see that the Tower was used for welcoming visitors back in the time they had hula dancers , an a lot of other thing. so come visit an look or see yourself .

1  Thank franksgogetter
Reviewed 15 December 2013

I went here for the observation deck in the tower. It has very nice views of the harbor surrounding area (and the airport), although Waikiki is so built up the closest buildings block everything else, including Diamond Head. Admission for the tower is free, but parking in the adjacent lots has a fee. (When I bought some snacks in the marketplace the clerk told me she wasn't allowed to validate the parking.)

The surrounding marketplace was at least half empty, and in need of re-development. It's a good location, a talented developer ought to be able to make it work. Until then the only real reason to go is if you like observation decks, as I do.

2  Thank ral338
Reviewed 15 December 2013

A good place to visit, specially in the evening when the sun sets behind the tower. Waling distance from the city center.

See more reviews
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I was led to believe by 2 travel books that this was the place to go. We walked all the way there from the cruise ship hoping to find the traveler's kiosk. The kiosk was supposed to be staffed with helpful people who would be able to provide information about buses, etc. There were a few open businesses but no helpful kiosk...the escalators and elevators were closed...there was only one open restaurant. One book even indicated we might expect live music and perhaps hula dancers. Needless to say, I am not recommending anyone go out of their way to get to this place.

1  Thank travelingshouldbefun