Trump International Hotel Waikiki
US$321
US$240
US$361
3,100 results
All reviewsbeach bagbltocean view loungefull kitchenbedroom suiteturn down servicecold towelshuge bathroombottled waterwasher dryerrice cookerconcierge deskour honeymoonother hotelsacross the streetevery staff membermai tai
Reviewed 15 February 2014

Fantastic hotel. We had four nights here in room 1101, one of the cheaper rates at the back of the building. The hotel has more of an apartment atmosphere than the other out and out hotels on Waikiki, but we actually liked this.

The service is fantastic, the rooms modern and clean, the pool is a bit small but the space is well designed and a great place to spend an afternoon. The location is down one end of Waikiki, but it doesn't feel like you're away from the action, and it's a just a few steps to the beach. I love how they give you a beach pack with towels, sunscreen and fruit if you tell the concierge you're heading down to the beach.

Only quibble is that the lower rooms get some noise in the early hours of the morning from beeping reversing trucks in the hotel's loading dock and from the streets below. If you can afford to splash out on a room up higher and facing the beach, you can't go wrong with this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank freemason57
Alyssa H, Public Relations Manager at Trump International Hotel Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2014

Aloha freemasons57. Thank you for staying with us and sharing your review of our hotel. It is wonderful to hear that you received fantastic service and that you enjoyed the pool and beach bags. We hope your travels bring you back to Waikiki and we see you again soon!

Reviewed 14 February 2014

My fiance and I recently returned from another trip to Oahu and we stayed part of our time in Waikiki at the Trump Hotel. I've stayed at many nice hotels in my travels and this one was as nice as any of them. The hotel, lobby, restaurants, staff, the room, the bedding were all amazing. We also ate dinner at BLT Steakhouse Waikiki which is located on the ground floor of the Trump and it was very good (I wrote a separate review for that). One small caveat to staying at the Trump is that you are not right on the beach. You are, however, a short 2 min walk down the beach path to the beach. It is still a great location but some rooms are afforded a better view than others. I would stay at this hotel again and I would recommend it to my family and friends. If you are looking for a top notch hotel in Waikiki, give the Trump International a serious look.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MNVikings2011

Aloha MNVikings2011. Wow, thank you for the great review! We are thrilled to hear that a seasoned luxury traveler like you considers our hotel to be amazing. We are so happy to learn that you enjoyed your room, the beds, and our restaurants. Thanks for recommending us to your family and friends. We hope to see all of you in Waikiki someday soon!

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

The standout feature of the Trump Waikiki is the topnotch, warm service that every member of the staff exudes. The hotel is off the beaten path but that puts you away from much of the Waikiki craziness. Our room was very clean, quiet, and functionally appointed. The spa amenities are high quality and have excellent subtle fragrances. One drawback regarding the bathroom was a very narrow glass barrier that allowed scattered water to spray over the toilet and floor. Not well designed. We did not the chance to partake in any of the hotel's other amenities but it is a comfortable location

• Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank mingfatsai
Alyssa H, Public Relations Manager at Trump International Hotel Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

Aloha and thank you for staying with us and sharing your review. We are so pleased to hear that you received wonderful customer service and that you enjoyed the amenities and were comfortable in your room. We appreciate you pointing out the undesired spray from your shower and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused during your stay. Your feedback allows us to review the situation and work to improve it for you and other guests in the future. Thank you!

Reviewed 8 February 2014

When asked in a bar in Waikiki if this was my first time here, I thought of Hawaii Five 0. I may be off by one or two either way, but this was around my fiftieth time. Which brings me to the first time at the Trump International having wanted to stay here the last couple of trips in. What can I say, from the hotels I have stayed at, the Trump simply was as advertised and exactly as I had hoped for.
We arrived early evening to be greeting with leis and quickly on our way to reception 6 floors up. The check in was swift, polished and professional. For a seven night stay and a NEW member of the Trump card, we were offered an upgrade which set the tone; originally a city without balcony reservation became a balcony and oh what a treat for seven days and nights. Just a note for budget conscious travellers; there is a $100 per day hold on your credit card for incidentals... My preference is better disclosure at time of reservation. But, at least it was disclosed at check in and naturally I expected it but something hotels have a long way to go yet what they are swiping your card for...
Back to the good stuff! Yes, the rating as having the best Mai Tai in Honolulu (or is it Hawaii) is probably on the mark. It was excellent and our first drink that night, along with fantastic appies in the lounge.
The room was excellently laid out and beautifully appointed. Although we only did toast and coffee in the morning, the kitchen was fully stocked, top name appliances and all the flatware, plates and tools you need.
Loved the bathroom and the open shower! Reminded me where I was every morning.
Ate at BLT twice and once on the pool lounge during the Super Bowl. My only dislike was the less than perfect execution for setting up a Super Bowl viewing. The bar TV was locked on closed caption so we had to see the visual translation which was annoying and I'm not sure what drink specials were available (as advertised to all the rooms on a turn down sheet the night before) but none were offered. It was OK but honestly, since we're not there with anyone, and having to work the unknown of getting into a bar, we left at halftime and watched the second half from the room over drinks and the balcony door open. I'm not sure why the TV set up could not be in the lobby lounge instead.
Departure was again excellent and efficient. No complaints from me, rather accolades and compliments.
We will both return to TRUMP on our next visit.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David T
Alyssa H, Public Relations Manager at Trump International Hotel Waikiki, responded to this reviewResponded 10 February 2014

Aloha David T. Thank you for taking the time to share you comments about your recent stay with us. We are so glad that we lived up to your expectations, especially after you have traveled to Waikiki nearly 50 times in your life!I We are delighted to learn that you enjoyed your room and our restaurants and that you indulged in our World's Best Mai Tai. Thank you for bringing to our attention the experience you had with the Super Bowl viewing. Your feedback allows us to review and improve our processes and will make future experiences better for you and other guests. We appreciate your praises and look forward to your next visit to our hotel!

Reviewed 8 February 2014

I cannot say enough nice things about this hotel!! The rooms are so clean (ours was cleaned twice per day, and had our towels changed twice per day!!).The bathrooms are done all in marble and are so pretty. The beds are super comfy, with large, fluffy pillows, and warm duvets. Food is great, I recommend the ceaser salad with eggplant croutons, so yummy. The staff are friendly, everyone you pass says hello and smiles, excellent concierge, so helpful. The hotel is very well maintained, and so clean!! They upgraded our room for free and there were cookies and other treats waiting for us in the room which was such a nice surprise. Although the hotel is not right on the beach its only a short walk across a street to get there and staff give you beach bags with towels, sunscreen, water, and fruit to take with you each day. Small kitchenette to cook your own food (if you choose), good sized balcony for sitting outside at night, just a really amazing hotel. The only downside is that after staying here all other places seem kinda crappy in comparison. Love this place and I cannot wait to go back someday. <3

Room Tip: Try to a room on a higher floor, the view of the ocean and the city all lit up at night are beautiful.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank ArkyR

Aloha ArkyR. Thank you for sharing your detailed review about your stay with us. It is wonderful to hear that you enjoyed all aspects of your vacation and found us to be the best hotel you've ever stayed at. Our staff is so appreciative of your kind words and recognition of their friendly and helpful service. We are also glad to learn that you loved your room, the restaurant, and location of our hotel. We look forward to your next visit to Waikiki. Mahalo!