“Pure Comfort and Great Service”

Trump International Hotel Waikiki
Ranked #3 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Sydney
“Pure Comfort and Great Service”
Reviewed 22 May 2010

The main memory that we will have of this hotel is the great Concierge team (Kawai, Jennifer and Akiko). Since the hotel is new, we had high expectations of the hotel to be clean, modern and comfortable which were definitely met; but what made Trump Waikiki stand out was how helpful and friendly the Concierge team was. They helped plan our days, recommended activities and made all the necessary arrangements.

This hotel is not a resort style hotel. Its style is closer to a very luxurious serviced apartment with a fully equipped kitchen even in our studio room (partial ocean view).

The bathrobes provided were extremely comfortable.

The hotel is located one street from the beach but it takes less than 5 minutes to walk there. Even though restaurants and shops are just around the corner, we didn't notice any noise at all.

The hotel provided beach bags (towels, water, fruit) and free water each day which were nice touches.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (532)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 20 May 2010

My room was so small I began to feel uncomfortable, the "infinity" pool was nothing more than a Koi fish pond and faced buildings with no sight of the ocean and extremely windy, a very empty feeling to be out on that Lanai with employees jumping at the chance to make a quick buck!
The spa was nothing more than 4 rooms with no amenities, no ladies or gents locker facilities, nothing but a few showers and a dangerous large bath tub, the service at the spa over the telephone was ridiculous, I felt like I was bothering them asking simple questions. Because I am an avid spa-goer I decided to visit the spa to have a face to face conversation as their prices are very high for a simple treatment. I got the same attitude just in person. Both the gentleman and lady were abrupt and discourteous, I did not book any spa treatments thank goodness, that spa was nothing more than a few rooms thrown together, total joke for a "Trump inspired spa".
I dined in their restaurant and after finishing my mediocre and over priced meal overheard the waiter complaining of the amount of tip I had left to his colleagues!
I checked out the next morning and moved to the Royal Hawaiian Hotel where first class service is always given, This is a joke of a hotel, the amenities are a bore, the gym is again facing buildings and with no life, the entire property is a cold experience, it actually gave me the creeps. The service from start to end was horrific, there was so much pretension, no ALOHA as they used that word every step I took.
As a world traveler and an avid hotelier I would not recommend this property to anyone and will never step foot there again, take your vacation to a true destination not some want-to-be hotel where everyone that worked there was miserable, fake, quick to take your money, NO ALOHA, Trump International Hotel is Waikiki is a major thumbs down, if you want a real escape The Royal Hawaiian Hotel is where its at!

37 Thank Miked808
Trump_Waikiki, General Manager at Trump International Hotel Waikiki, responded to this review, 24 May 2010
Dear Sir,

We appreciate all guest feedback and sincerely regret that we did not meet your expectations. Our number one priority is to pamper our guests in a luxury setting that is made memorable with a genuine offering of the Aloha spirit, which is such a special part of our culture here at Trump Waikiki. We respect your opinions and are thankful that you have taken the time to comment on your stay.

As your review was such a departure from the enjoyable Hawaiian experience that has become our hallmark, it would be much appreciated if you would be so kind as to contact me directly so that I can learn more about the details of your brief visit. It is my sincere hope that we can provide for another opportunity for you to experience the hotel in the positive manner in which so many others have, since our opening just 6 months ago.

Mahalo,
Scott Ingwers, Managing Director, Trump International Hotel Waikiki Beach Walk
Roanoke, Virginia
Reviewed 15 May 2010

We enjoyed our stay here a lot! check out the pics!

san francisco california
Reviewed 5 May 2010

My wife and I would not normally visit Waikiki but needed to accompany a parent to a memorial service. Couldn't have been happier with our stay at Trump International as it had exactly what we we were looking for in a luxury hotel. It's only just opened and it looks it with the rooms ( we had two) in brand new condition. Not the place for a family resort type visit as pool is very small and there are no grounds or gardens. This is definitely a high rise hotel. Perfect for business trip or as in our case, SCUBA diving while my 86 year old mother enjoyed her beautiful standard room with a lovely partial ocean view from private lanai. We upgraded to ocean view and it was spectacular from 21st floor looking over park to Hilton Village lagoon. Beach is less than a block away and there are top-notch restaurants (Roy's , Ruth Chris, PF Changs and many more within 200 yards of downstairs lobby. Initial impression is understated as lobby is small and pool area is minimal. There was always plenty of room though and some pool side service. Staff service was spectacular with friendly staff leaving no stone unturned to please us. Examples include fresh fruit on arrival, inquiring phone calls as to our needs, printed directions delivered to our room immediately for our various travels and perfect dinner reservations. Concierges would not accept tips for their outstanding service. Last, but perhaps best , is BLT Restaurant on ground floor. Top dining experience in the islands and world-class cuisine. We ate their twice and would have returned again if we didn't run out of time. Families with young children go somewhere else and leave this jewel of a hotel to the adult kids like us who treasure our luxuies!

1 Thank jimcolhoun
London
Reviewed 3 May 2010

We moved to this hotel after a horrible stay at the turtle bay resort. Fantastic suites, with lovely Japanese style bathroom. This was such a welcome treat after our previous hotel. I would return if I saw another promotional rate, v expensive otherwise...but you can understand why!

• Stayed April 2010
Santa Monica, California
Reviewed 29 April 2010

I recently stayed at the Trump Waikiki for a friend's wedding in Hawaii. The hotel was awesome. The staff was very friendly and the studio I stayed in was perfect...with a great view of both the city and the ocean. Plus, it was a half-block off the beach, so you felt like you could escape after a long day at the beach!

I booked it through Jet Luxury Resorts and got a great deal! I've used them for other trips I've taken and they always have the best rates. If you haven't looked into them, definitely check it out... I'll use them whenever I can : )

Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank TriciaDakota
Victoria, B.C.
Reviewed 2 April 2010

My wife and I stayed at Trump Tower in Waikik from March 23-31, 2010. We paid approx $620/night (before tax). It was more than we normally pay for a hotel but well worth it. We were in a 1400 sq ft 2 bdrm + den, 2 bath, full kitchen unit. It had 4 Plasma TV's and the kitchen was outfitted with top of the line everything (Wolf, Sub Zero etc). The view was outstanding (20th floor), and the hotel conveniently located across from the beach and close to shopping. We've travelled extensively over the years and this is the first time I've written a review. The hotel staff was polite, courteous, professional, helpful, and sincere. I have no complaints about this experience and now understand why people pay more money for outstanding service and quality. Life is short, we work hard and we need to play hard too!

Scott Green