“Best hotel in Waikiki by far! 6 stars!!”

Trump International Hotel Waikiki
Ranked #3 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Sydney, Australia
“Best hotel in Waikiki by far! 6 stars!!”
Reviewed 28 October 2010

We arrived hot and bothered, as we had just left the Moana Surfrider, after waiting 5 hours for a room, and deciding not to check in at all.

All the staff at The Trump especially Akiko and Dean, did everything possible to accommodate us. I cannot recommend this hotel, highly enough.

They not only found as a room, but we were upgraded to a one bedroom suite with full state of the art kitchen and partial ocean view! We have been to Hawaii on a number of occasions, and this is the best value in Waikiki for a luxury hotel, by far. Thanks also to management, for the lovely bottle of welcome champagne.

The Trump is brand new, contemporary and ultra modern. The staff are young, attractive and genuinely happy! They even wear really cute uniforms and look like they enjoy their jobs and really want to be there (note to the Moana Surfrider, get some new staff).

The hotel has a really good vibe, and is in a great (and much less busy) part of Waikiki. Not direct beach front, but only one street back and many rooms have ocean views. They also provide beach bags, with towels, fresh fruit and bottled water every time you want to go to the beach. The pool area with infinity pool is stunning, so we spent a lot of time there, anyway.

Close to the best shopping area and proximity to Ala Moana centre was excellent, as well as walking distance to all our favourite restaurants, like Roy's and Nobu.

BLT restaurant on ground floor of the hotel, is amazing! May we also mention the best bartender in Waikiki and now our new, local friend Alejandro. The guy is a true host, makes a mean cocktail and is a total professional.

Thank you so much to all the staff at Trump Waikiki, for the best holiday ever. We had a fantastic time, loved this hotel and we can't wait to return.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nooshkin

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (532)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
San Francisco, CA
Reviewed 16 October 2010

Our long weekend stay at the Trump hotel was an absolutely lovely experience. We were greeted with the spirit of Aloha by the staff each and every day - they were all very warm and welcoming. Our room had an understated elegance to it in both comfort and design. The bedding was plush. The bathroom was all marble, spacious, with a deep tub and an open shower. The amenities in there were well thought out - even offering a dental kit (toothbrush, toothpaste, floss). The full kitchen was stocked with an impressive array of culinary equipment that's normally not expected at hotels - from silverware, glassware, pots, pans, a toaster, a rice cooker!!, tupperware, the list goes on. Our lanai was nice and we were happy to get a partial view of the ocean. Free wi-fi was offered, as well. Outside of the room itself, the comforts of the hotel seemed limitless.

On the way to the beach or park, it was a treat to swing by concierge and request for a beach bag which was insulated and equipped with a towel, cold bottle of water, suntan lotion (which smelled divine!), and a box of fruit. The infinity pool was equally enjoyable. It was nice that there were different depths of the pool to wade in (from 6 inches to 4 feet). Considering we were with twin babies, it was nice they got to enjoy the water in the 6 inch section. As we got out of the pool, heated blankets were available to quickly warm us all up. The library of the hotel was nice and quiet with a great selection of reading material, and the 24 hour fitness center had state of the art equipment.

We happened to be at the hotel on a Friday night, so we hung out at the lobby, ordered their signature mai-tai, enjoyed sunset, the open view of the city skyline and then 7:30pm fireworks at the nearby Hilton Hawaiian Village.

The hotel's location was also ideal. It's in a relatively quiet area across from Fort DeRussy park, but just around the corner is an up and coming trendy area of Waikiki with upscale boutiques and restaurants. But if you're even craving for some local flavor, "Eggs 'n' Things" is just down the road.

If I were ever to move to Waikiki, I'd love to own a condo unit at the Trump. However, if I were to visit again - I'd most definitely come back.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank rose2nomad
Madison, Alabama
Reviewed 13 October 2010

I don't even know where to begin with my review, so, I will do my best. From the moment we arrived, we had people waiting on us..bringing us ice cold towels, taking all our luggage, and personally excorting us to our room. I thought we might be on a higher floor, so I asked about it. The bellman assured me if I was not happy, they would be glad to move me to another room. He opend the door, and WOW!! We were speechless. Full kitchen, wine cooler, 2 balconies, 2 full baths, washer and dryer, large walk in closet. The most comfortable bed, and robes to melt into.
I treated myself to a Trump Spa Massage with Christine. It was unlike any massage I have ever experiences, completely over the top. My one regret is not purchasing a Trump Robe while I was there.
If I wanted my car, I called to the garage, by car would be ready to go, AC on, and several bottles of cold water waiting for whatever the day brings. If were were going to the beach or snorkeling, the ladies would have insulated bags with beach towels, sun screen, cold, water, and a fruit box waiting for us. They also printed out maps and directions for each of our daily excursions.
The room was spotless, supplies were always full, oh, and one of the highlights was the chocolate covered strawberries. I had ordered those ahead of time, but as a gift from the hotel for celebrating a 45th brithday, the strawberries were sent with a bottle of champagne, and a personal note to the birthdat girl.
I am already planning another trip and will without reservation, stay at Trump International. Oh!! How could I forget..the toilet in the masterbath!! Loved the rinse and blow dry!!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sweetboy4
palm springs, california
Reviewed 8 October 2010

I just returned from a business trip to Honolulu and had to review my hotel, the Trump Waikiki, because it was such a great experience! The room I had was extremely well appointed and the bathrooms, well I thought I had died and gone to heaven, the bathrooms in heaven have to be like these! It was quiet and very clean (yes, I immediately checked the mattress for "you know what" and this mattress was as clean as new!).

This hotel is elegant and you feel like you've stepped above the crazy Waikiki hustle-bustle. The service is exceptional (thank you Tee for your wonderful treatment!). I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone, but especially if you like peaceful surroundings. The pool is tranquil and beautiful and the hotel is really just steps to the beach. A 5 star experience all the way!

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
2 Thank gmcd1_98
Fife, Scotland
Reviewed 24 September 2010

We stayed here for eight nights (08/09/10 – 16/09/10) for our honeymoon in a massive suite (which I refer to as an apartment – it was bigger than out house!) on the 10th floor. We reserved a One-Bedroom Ocean Front Suite and got upgraded to a Two-Bedroom (with an additional bathroom), even though we didn’t need or use the extra bedroom/ bathroom. Everything about this stay was wonderful from start to finish. We were given shell necklaces upon arrival and a complimentary bottle of champagne from the hotel. My partner had organised for Signature Mai Tais to be made for us and for rose petals to be displayed in the room – the room looked excellent, the petals were displayed very neatly on the bed (with towel swans!) and in and around the bath, and the Mai Tais were delicious. The views from our apartment were amazing – the palm trees and the ocean looked fantastic. Our balcony was perfectly placed for us to enjoy sunset every day and to enjoy the fireworks display at the Hilton Hawaiian Village (which is on Friday evenings). Our bed was extremely comfortable and so was the sofa.

We ordered room service twice, which came promptly and the food was excellent on both occasions. We had breakfast at the hotel every day except one – the atmosphere was very relaxed and the food was delicious. I was very impressed with the extensive smoothie menu and made sure to try a different one every day until I had tried them all – they tasted fab and came decorated with a pink flower – gorgeous! We also ate at the hotel’s BLT (steak) restaurant one evening, which was also first class. The cocktails and food were excellent and so was the service.

I really can’t say enough good things about our stay at this hotel – we had the best holiday of our lives. We were slightly baffled that the hotel only had one computer in the library (it’s the Trump!) and sometimes people had to wait to use the internet, but this wasn’t a huge issue. The air conditioning in our hotel room caught in my throat and made me cough and so we had to switch it off and it got quite humid (but I think I was coming down with something – my partner was fine). The pool was small, but big enough. The hotel was quiet when we were there so we didn’t have to share the pool with a lot of people. There was always chilled water and flavoured water by the pool and the poolside service was also excellent – I’ll admit we enjoyed a few cocktails as we were sunbathing. We also took advantage of the beach bag that the hotel provides filled with bottles of water, pieces of fruit, towels and suntan lotion. We found the Trump beach services and hired sunloungers and a parasol – this was on a great spot with only one row of sunloungers so quite private. The beach is only a two minute walk away from the hotel – across the road and down a small path, very convenient. In fact, the hotel was handy for everything in Waikiki while still having excellent views of the ocean.

We read a review before we came here, which described the staff as “tip-hungry”. We looked out for that during our stay, but on the contrary, staff seemed genuinely surprised and grateful whenever we did give them a tip. We had an amazing stay and hope to return again sometime in the future.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Travel-Diva-KD
Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 14 September 2010

Bravo, Trump hotel! This is one of the best hotel stays we've had, ever. Although we were there only one night, to celebrate our anniversary, the wonderful and friendly staff made it the most memorable experience and treated us like royalty. We love that the everyday Hawaiian friendliness and sense of ohana were all part of the staff culture, from the time we arrived till when we left. We were nicely surprised with an upgrade to a one-bedroom suite and awesome views from mauka (mountains) to makai (ocean). We did not want to leave! And a complimentary bottle of champage was awaiting us when we got back to our room after dinner. The location is close to many excellent restaurants, Royal Hawaiian shopping center, and just a short walk to the beach. Everything added up to a really wonderful stay, which we wish we could have extended for many more days!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank EHawaii
Melbourne
Reviewed 9 September 2010

A terrific place to stay ~ Central to everywhere. the service is exceptional, the rooms are spacious and well laid out and are finished to perfection.
The staff are friendly and go that extra yard to make sure your stay is perfect.
I wouldnt have expected anything else from the Trump organisation.
Thanks Akiko ~ You made our stay !
Its lovely to be greeted by Name as you walk through the lobby ~ At trump you are not just a romm number and faceless guest... They greet you with a smile and by name.
The pool is marvelous ~ and well stocked with complimentary water and sunscreen.

Recommend highly ~