“A Quality Dive Experience”

Reef Pirates Diving
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Reef Pirates offers daily Oahu scuba diving trips and professional PADI scuba certifications. We operate our own dive boat and limit it to 6 divers plus crew for a more personalized, less crowded dive experience. We have an excellent safety record, and offer complimentary Waikiki hotel transportation with all our dive charters and scuba certification courses. We also offer private charters and multi day packages, as well as the latest equipment from Atomic and Cressi. Want to try scuba diving and not certified? We offer Discover Scuba Diving. Try diving in a safe, secure, and friendly way.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Activities for older children
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I went scuba diving on 2 different days on Oahu and I wish I had gone out with Reef Pirates both times. Sean is a passionate diver and finds interesting sea life for his divers to to view. Orville takes great photography of the dives and posts photos online for their clients to view and download at no extra charge. I really value this feature! They have a good boat and every diver gets a dive computer if they rent gear. Sean was great about staying out with me when I had more air to use and sending others up to the boat. We were offered snacks during our surface interval but we had a lot of swell and no one felt like eating. They only take 6 divers maximum on the boat at a time so the dive is personalized to a small group. I have dived on 5 different Hawaiian Islands and also in the Caribbean and Reef Pirates is one of the quality dive companies I would recommend to my friends and dive with again.

1  Thank blackduc
ReefPirates, Instructor at Reef Pirates Diving, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2016

Aloha,

We greatly appreciate your honest review of your scuba diving experience with us on Oahu. We are fortunate that all of our crew are passionate about the ocean , diving, and boating and they share that passion with our guests.
We hope you will come diving with us again the next time you are in Honolulu.
Mahalo nui loa -
the Reef Pirates Ohana

Write a ReviewReviews (1,141)
All reviews
in 13 reviews
"awesome dives"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed 20 April 2014

My dad and I booked with Reef Pirates Diving, and were super excited to scuba dive with them! Unfortunately, we both chickened out right after we jumped into the water. Mind you, we're not water people in general but we wanted to give it a shot! Scuba diving can be very nerve racking. Even though we didn't actually do the dive, I still wanted to write this review just because of how awesome the crew of Reef Pirates Diving is. Sean picked us up right in front of hotel and we were off to the dive site. Sean, the captain of the boat and the photographer were so professional and knowledgeable. They were also so friendly and funny. Not in any way did me or my dad feel belittled or embarrassed by them because we got too scared to dive. They just wanted to make sure we felt comfortable! I know I would've been in great hands if I dove! (just my own nerves stopped me). Sean did allow my dad to snorkel around the boat for a bit so that was nice!

I picked Reef Pirates Diving from reading all the reviews on this site. I also loved that they only take 6 divers at a time. I highly recommend them!

Aloha Rashi,

Diving isn't for everyone and we at Reef Pirates understand how nerves and fear can prevent someone from diving. It is nothing to be embarrassed about or joked about as diving is a personal decision. There are many certified divers that sit out a dive due to anxiety. We are glad you enjoyed your experience with us and hope you will try diving again.

Mahalo -
the Reef Pirates Ohana

Reviewed 14 April 2014

Highly recommended. These guys are awesome. Very friendly and professional. We felt safe and in good hands. Great service, pick up, local knowledge. You will not be disappointed. We were a mixed ability group but all had 2 great dives. Perfect for advanced or absolute beginners. It's great that they only do small group as you don't feel cattle herded into large tourist group.

2  Thank David G

Aloha David,

NO cattle boat diving at Reef Pirates! 6 guests or less each and every time. Smaller dive groups means better dives, friendlier customer service and - Safety!
We look forward to your return to Oahu.

Reviewed 14 April 2014

My girlfriend and I booked two days of diving with Reef Pirates based primarily off the fact they limit the number of divers on their boat to 6 (vs other companies that load up with people). They picked us up right on time (06:00) from our hotel and a short time later we were off diving. The guys over there were very professional, knowledgeable, friendly and fun to dive with. They definitely enhanced our diving experience by making us comfortable above and below the water and pointed out things we would miss on our own. As an added bonus they post awesome pictures of all the divers on their Facebook page and you can download them (way better than any pictures/video i took). Oh, and if I could give an extra star for Sean's food recommendations I would! I would definitely recommend them to anyone and will use them anytime I'm back in the area.

Aloha Omar,

We are so glad you enjoyed your dives with us and look forward to diving with you again the next time you are in Waikiki.

See more reviews
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Little late on writing this review! We had a blast!! I was really nervous to scuba dive as I have never before. We did the lesson before hand and I totally recommend it! Justin and Will put me at ease. When it was time for the dives I was ready!!! I did get sea sick:( But they never made me feel bad about it and were really great!!! I was fine when I was in the water and still really enjoyed myself. An experience I will never forget!! I liked that there was only five of us with 2 instructors and I would go with either Justin or Will anytime. They made me feel very confident in the water! Would recommend to others!!

Aloha Stephanie,

We thank you for your review of your Discover Scuba Diving (DSD) experience with us. This "Try a Dive" program is very popular with tourists and we do our best to make it an enjoyable experience.
We hope you will come back and dive with us again the next time you are on Oahu.