“Yummy Soup!”

Ranked #780 of 2,453 Restaurants in Honolulu
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Good for: Local cuisine
Description: Ha Long Pho Noodle House will take you into an oasis where you will enjoy and experience the quality and freshness of traditional Vietnamese cuisine in a contemporary setting.
Reviewed 15 May 2014

We make this a regular stop for Pho. The broth is very tasty and the service is quick and efficient. Another must have is the Pork Chop. So flavorful and tender. Anyone who goes there must also try the Preserved Lemon drink, makes me remember the old days when my Grandmother would make salted lemons and we would eat them on the porch of her house.

Reviewed 14 March 2013

If you are lucky to snag a table at lunch, you will see what the hoopla is about. This is by far the best place I've had pho noodles. There's something about the broth that makes it different from every other pho noodle house. Simple menu, friendly staff, and fantastic food. This place is a little hidden in-between other shops in the Dillingham area and parking can be hard sometimes, but it's worth it.

1  Thank CultureLush
Reviewed 12 November 2012

Stop in and tried Ha Long Noodle House. I spotted the tripadvisor sticker on the door and knew the owners would do a good job. The food is good, the Pho is what most people seem to order. It looks like it is family run business. They are not overly friendly but not rude either. Just busy?

It is a very small restaurant. Probably holding about 20 max. You may end up sharing a table with other patrons you don't know.

I had the Pork and shrimp with noodles and the rest of the family had the Pho. My dish portion was ok. Not much on the BBQ pork or shrimp. It was tasty. I would have been happier with more meat in this dish. After all pork is not the expensive.

I would say try this place, the food is good. Will I be back? Well, I was overly impressed.

3  Thank F5993GMericd
Reviewed 21 December 2010

Free parking in the banal shopping center.

It is a small place with only 9 tables. Average shopping center restaurant decor. It was busy with people waiting outside during the whole time we were dining so there was some moral pressure to eat quickly.

The service provided by young girls was quick & friendly. The owners were present ensuring everything was running smoothly.

The food was the star attraction here. It was very flavorful & the portions were generous. We ordered a green papaya salad & barbecued chicken plate. There was so much food we took 1/2 of the barbecued chicken plate home.

One of the best restaurant values in Honolulu.

1  Thank jsaul
Reviewed 13 August 2009

When I first found Ha Long Noodle House, I tasted their Pho. I loved that the broth was not fatty, not too salty and had a wonderful flavor. It had a LOT of noodles and a LOT of brisket. Since my first experience was great, my friend and I started making Ha Long a weekly habit. I had Pho throughout the winter.

One Wednesday, I tried their rice plate. Let me digress a little bit here. About 15 years ago, there was a restaurant if downtown Honolulu that served the BEST lemon grass chicken. The restaurant moved to Maui and since then no other Vietnamese restaurant could match the taste of that savory meal. Okay, so back to Ha Long's rice plate. I reluctantly, tried the Lemongrass chicken plate and was so pleasantly surprised to find that I finally found a restaurant that created this dish as well as the downtown restaurant did. I moved on to the spice pork plate and then to the barbeque chicken plate. All of them are great.

Now that summer is here, it is bun season for me. The spring roll/barbeque chicken combo is my favorite. The spring roll has a light shell which is crispy and very tasty and is really one of the best spring rolls around town. There are a lot of vegies under the rice noodle which makes this dish quite a healthy one.

1  Thank bebehi