“Fabulous!!!”

Book In Advance
More Info
US$246.88*
and up
Oahu Sky and Sea Combo: Helicopter Tour with Sunset Dinner Cruise or Atlantis...
Ranked #10 of 337 Tours in Honolulu
More attraction details
Owner description: Don’t settle for second best. Makani Kai Helicopters is Oahu’s oldest, largest and best aerial tour company. Our pilots are the most experienced flying these skies, period. They’ll show you the very best sights and help create memories to last a lifetime.
Reviewed 5 August 2014

My husband and I decided at the last minute to take a helicopter tour of Oahu and we picked Makani Kai Helicopters. Booking was very easy and accommodating. The tour itself was WONDERFUL!!! with awesome views and our pilot Brody was the BEST!! His narration of everything we were seeing was very informative and interesting...he also made sure that both sides were able to see the same gorgeous views. I recommend their tours to anyone and everyone.

PJ O, Manager at Makani Kai Helicopters, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Hi Lora K from Soanaway. We're pleased that you had a great time. Brodi knows this island pretty well, having been born and raised here. Thanks for sharing your positive remarks.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

i was nervous about going on the helicopter but all concerns was put to rest in the first 3 min the tour was great the view was outstanding the pilot was very knowledgeable if i had the chance i would not miss this tour

Alooooha Jimmy. Those nerves are a natural instinct and you're not alone. We just wish more folks had the courage you did to face those jitters and take a helicopter tour. As you discovered, by not allowing your fears to dictate your life, you were rewarded with an experience unlike any other. Thanks for your comments.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

Our flights were excellent. The staff were superior in customer service and Andy our pilot was friendly and seemed like a superb pilot! The views were so awesome. We flew both round trip. I also booked my Kalaupapa trip through Makani Kai. I chose to hike down and flew back to top side Molokai. Again, the flight was great. The prices were excellent compared to other airlines. I would highly recommend the company. I met many Molokai residents who use the airline frequently. All had great things to say about the company.

PJ O, Manager at Makani Kai Helicopters, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Well hello Ms. Grayson and thank you for your kind words about our fixed-wing operation, Makani Kai Air. For the benefit of those folks who don't live here, Makani Kai Air is a our small airline sister company serving the islands of Oahu and Molokai exclusively. In addition to serving "topside" Molokai, we provide essential air services for the isolated community of Kalaupapa. I'm glad that you enjoyed your flights and am pleased you singled out Andy, the pilot. He's a good stick and is just plain happy. We love what we do.

Reviewed 26 July 2014

I took the Alii Sacred Falls tour! As a born and raise Hapa Hawaiian I've never experience the land the way I did on this tour. It was very emotional and the feeling of grateful was upon me. I enjoyed Brody as my pilot he was very informative and I enjoyed the fact he didn't sound rehearsed about the history of the island. I really admire the fact they had respect no to fly over the USS Arizona but go around and he also silenced out of honor, which I thought was awesome! As resident all my life here in Waianae, Oahu I would recommend a helicopter tour for any first timer to the island, its the BEST way to see who we are all about and the history behind it Oahu itself. You may think its expensive...but so is Vegas and even at that you win or loose..With a helicopter tour it will be worth every penny! Book wisely fly Makani Kai!!!

PJ O, Manager at Makani Kai Helicopters, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Hi Shani -

What a great review! I've lived here for 40+ years and feel the same way about seeing the island for the first time when you see it from the air. It's truly a different perspective and, I think, makes you appreciate Oahu's beauty even more. 'Glad to hear you enjoyed Brodi as your tour guide...that boy's gonna get a big head. Thanks again for your kind words. Go Seariders.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

This was a fantastic ride!! It was on my bucket list and was everything I expected! Brodie was our pilot and gave us a great ride with lots of interesting information!! The views from the helicopter were fantastic! I would recommend Makani kai Helicopters to anyone!!

PJ O, Manager at Makani Kai Helicopters, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Hi Brenda -
That's a great picture, the one of you and your honey hugging in front of the helicopter. We take a lot of pictures of folks who fly with us, but I can't remember the last time I saw a pictire of folks hugging. Neat to share the experience with someone you love. Thanks for the great review.