“1/2 day fishing trip”

Maggie Joe Sport Fishing
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Deep sea fishing Oahu's fine Hawaiian waters for over 60 years. Maggie Joe Sport Fishing has the experienced crew you need to bring in the big ones. Whether you want to go deep sea fishing, shark fishing or just take a sunset cruise we can help you out. Both private and shared charters are available.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 26 November 2013

My husband and I love to go fishing at home in Ontario, so we had to check out the fishing in Hawaii. It was the highlight of our trip. We had a chance to see humpback whales, and caught a bunch of yellow fin, and big eye tuna. They put up a huge fight, which made it really fun.
The boat was super clean, and had space to take a quick nap (I took advantage of that!)
The crew were very friendly and helped us catch as many fish as we could. We didn't land a big one, but it was still a great experience.
If you get sea sickness, I don't recommend it!! We felt like we were still on a boat for the entire next day. haha!

2  Thank Sophia V
in 35 reviews
in 4 reviews
in 5 reviews

Reviewed 19 October 2013

I must admit, my daughter and I were not looking forward to a day out to sea. My husband thought it would be great if he chartered the boat for the whole day for our family of four. Our Son is stationed on Oahu, which is why we came out. The crew, Tony and James, made us feel right at home before we even got on the boat. Their love of what they do was so evident and mirrored in Capt. Mike. You would think that after all the years that Mike has been at this that it would be just another day - but it wasn't. These guys really enjoy what they do and it shows. We thought we weren't going to get anything, as things for the area had been pretty sparse for the previous four days. Then, at about 1:30, that changed. Hubby ended up reeling in a 105# marlin! Getting the marlin was just icing on the cake - even if we hadn't gotten anything, our day was still enjoyable and visiting with the three of them was nice. A great day. Thanks Capt. Mike!

1  Thank crq
Reviewed 11 October 2013

If you are looking for a half day trip where the crew go up to the bridge, don't talk to you, make no effort to chum up some action for you, the first mate falls asleep on the bridge, and the captain drives the boat around I circles off Waikiki, then this is the trip for you. If you want some inter action and the crew trying to get you amongst the action, then go somewhere else.

7  Thank Duncan D
Reviewed 11 October 2013

My son and I went on deep sea fishing on Maggie Joe Sport Fishing on the Sea Hawk with Skipper Captain Bryan and Mate Jeremy. Rough seas, excellent Captain and very professional crew.
What an adventure, We caught Mahi Mahi, Wahoo, Barracuda and a huge 160lb Blue Marlin.
The crew were so organised, encouraged me to make sure the fish was landed and learnt heaps from them.
Would highly recommend this crew in the future. Can't wait to get back to Honolulu and go out with them again.

3  Thank Woolies
See more reviews
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Captain Mike piloting the Maggie Joe was an un- beatable combination. Right place, right time. we all had our doubts about landing a big Marlin. Deck hands Ty and Jeremy were unflinching in their confidence of capt. Mike and his honed 3rd generation fishing experience. They were right! We landed a beautiful #200 Blue Marlin with everyone's help. Mike and his baby, Maggie Joe, have won more deep sea billfish tournaments than anyone. There's a reason. It's not to say everyone will catch a fish like I did, but if you are going to gamble, you want to have a group of Pro's working in your favor, and coaching you. I would go again in a heartbeat!

2  Thank Brian V