“Kona,2014”

Maggie Joe Sport Fishing
More attraction details
Owner description: Deep sea fishing Oahu's fine Hawaiian waters for over 60 years. Maggie Joe Sport Fishing has the experienced crew you need to bring in the big ones. Whether you want to go deep sea fishing, shark fishing or just take a sunset cruise we can help you out. Both private and shared charters are available.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Santa Rosa, California
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Kona,2014”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

July 9th, i took my daughter (Allya,10 yrs old) to fish with the Kona-visiting Maggie Joe,
with Capt Mike, deckhands Ty and Mikey, visiting vip Steve Coggins, and retired
deck hand, Bishop. Right from the get go, my daughter felt very welcome.
They "custom made" her fighting chair, via a pillow. And then we fished.
For 9 hours, no strikes.
The crew was great to Allya, and I could tell, they were feeling bad with no fish.
Finally, Bam.......nice hook up. Allya heads to the chair, lines are cleared, and she goes
to work. Most all of the 25 mnute fight was her, and towards the end, i helped a bit.
But the beautiful ~ 300lb blue was hers, tagged, and after a few photos, released.
I was a very proud dad.
Thanks to the Maggie Joe crew, for a fantastic day!
gary

Visited July 2014

Whangarei, New Zealand
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Worst fishing ever”
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Did a half days fishing with 5 others. Trolled around with not a strike for hours, then the skipper tried to catch live bait, but could only manage to catch 1 and it took nearly an hour. The skipper put the live bait over and it was taken immediately but no hook up. Not one of the passengers even got to touch a rod.

Skipper was bad tempered and grumpy and was hard to have a conversation with.

We do a lot of fishing in NZ and its way more hands on than this. Wouldn't recommend.

Visited May 2014
5 Thank Gayle M
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Great start to a stag”
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Staff were really friendly and worked relentlessly to get you to the best spots. We hired out the Maggie Joe 53' boat which was in tidy condition. We were allowed to bring on board our own food and drink, which made for an enjoyable trip. Boat also had a couple beds for those wanting to wade out the sea sickness. Managed to catch 6 Mahi Mahi during the full day, of which we were were given three to take home (more than enough).

Visited March 2014
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great time! ”
Reviewed 6 May 2014 via mobile

Had a really great time on the Seahawk. Darryl and Mike were a fun crew to be with. When one of the passengers got sick (pregnant lady), we took her back to keep her safe. And I think we stayed out a bit longer to compensate for her drop off. We had a great time, catching a lot of Mahi Mahi and some small tuna. Mike did a great job fileting some of the fish for me to take back to cook. Would definitely recommend them, especially for the all day trip.

3 Thank Lucien W
Wausau, Wisconsin
“Captain Mike and Mate Ty were incredible”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We went for a day charter and it has always been my dream to catch a 'big one'. Well for me that was a Mahi Mahi over 22 lbs along with 2 yellow fin tuna. Everyone on the boat caught the same! It was an incredible day and beyond my hopes! The Captain and Mate were so helpful and friendly...and really knew how to find the fish. Maggie Joe is a beautiful roomy and sturdy boat! This was a first for both my boyfriend and I. We would recommend to to anyone to go with the Maggie Joe!!!

Visited April 2014