Open today: 00:00 - 23:59
Review Highlights
Sea Hawk adventure

Reviewed 25 June 2018
Christina A
Fishing on the SeaHawk was excellent

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
KevinM2535
via mobile

All reviews sea hawk caught fish captain and crew live bait ono stripped marlin skipjack tuna these guys nice wahoo pound marlin nice boat great trip charter trolling fished boats reeling
Reviewed 2 days ago via mobile

I'm not to impressed. The deck-hand was very nice and knowledgeable very friendly. However the captain seemed a bit more to himself. We did not catch anything! I know that is not the crew's fault but at the same time the captain did not show interest in what he was doing. He wasnt trying to find any fish even the smallest. His response was simply well nothings biting sorry. We drove in a circle and at the last min he tried to pretty much waist time. Would have rather spent money elsewhere. When someone doesn't seem to be into or enjoying the job they have it makes for a bad experiance for the people who were at the time excited.
A lot more effort should have been out into the experiance and trip.
Would not recommend this to anyone sorry

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Would like to thank the crew of seahawk for a really good day of fishing for us. Some tuna and Mahi Mahi. Daryl and mike were good hosts for us and we were blessed with a very good amount of fish!! Would recommend them for sure!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We booked a full day fishing trip with high hopes of enjoying the sea and fellow passengers company. My spouse is a State Game Warden and we fully understand that fishing is a gamble.... sometimes you go home with something, sometimes you don’t. We simply just wanted to have a good time. When we started, we spent the first hour trying to catch bait. They were extremely unprepared. We still had a positive attitude and were really excited about having a day together. The next surprise was when they told us the air conditioner, refrigerator and other things promised was out, due to another person borrowing the boat and returning it with a broken generator. Our sandwich and food went in a cooler, which made everything wet and soggy. The final straw was when we did get a catch and lost it, the co-captain started screaming and cussing.... It was very unsettling and scary. This continued on for hours. When he tried explaining his anger, he told us that they sold a portion of the catch and they ha sheen extremely slow. Other on the boat were concerned about this behavior and very uncomfortable. I understand the drive financially, but I also know that the way he acted was extremely unprofessional. I would pay double to go with another charter. It was a terrible day on a beautiful island. We did call and file a complaint with the company. We even notified them that parts of this was caught on camera, they seemed uninterested. We never received a call back from the owner, or even an acknowledgment. The only thing that was told to us was that it was a very stressful time. I would really rethink booking with this company. If I could give a zero rating I would.

1  Thank Cassie B
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I grew up in Honolulu and have gone fishing with this company a few times. I’ve also gone with other companies in the area, and I have also worked on some private boats. This review is about the company, but it's also about offshore charter fishing in Hawaii in general. Hopefully it will help both customer and company.

First off, for the customer - offshore fishing Hawaii is different than fishing other places in the world (I see a lot of people who start off their review with something like, "I fish all the time in [insert location here]”), so the techniques and M.O. are going to be different. Also, the type of charter you take will affect your experience (shared charters operate different than private charters, half day is different than full day, etc). Bottom line - make sure you ask questions. Understand what it is you are going to be getting into. Ask about fishing techniques, etc. That will help you manage expectations (no one likes to be disappointed). Also, ask questions during the trip. Understanding what is happening will increase your enjoyment. Last thing - there is never a guarantee to catch fish, especially in offshore fishing where you are roaming around a large ocean looking for fish. Of course everyone wants to catch fish, but as long as the crew is trying and interacting with customers, everything else (the fishing, the weather, etc.) is out of anyone’s control.

For the company: I’ve had good trip, bad trip, and okay trip. I don’t measure success just by fish caught, but I recognize effort and customer service. I’ve had crews that were enthusiastic and attentive, and crews that clearly didn’t care. I would advise having someone on the crew make customer service a priority. Understood that the captain may be up top on the bridge looking for fish, talking with other captains to try to find fish, etc, but have the deckhand interact with customers. The captain and crew may know what they are doing, but not everyone else does, so lack of interaction can come off as rude or give the impression that the crew doesn’t care, even if what they are trying. Explain to the customer what’s going on. Explain trolling. Explain the lures and why you fish with them. Explain working ledges, current lines, etc. Most people who charter fish out of Kewalo don’t have much experience with offshore fishing in Hawaii, so helping them learn is a good thing. And attitude goes a long way. I know that sometime a good fisherman isn’t always a good people person, but someone on the boat should be making the effort. Customers want to feel that the captain and crew know what they are doing, and that they care about the customer experience. Over the years I’ve had some great captains and crew, and some who clearly didn’t care, and I can tell you that, regardless of catch, the former goes a long way to making the day better for the customer. Last thing - crew should not be harassing customers for tips. I’ve experienced that before, and usually it’s why crews who weren’t putting in much effort. I know the crew makes part of their income from tips, but tips should be earned. If crews put in effort, tips usually come.

Bottom line - company should make sure customer has a great experience regardless of how many fish are caught, and customer should perform some due diligence and make sure they understand what they are getting into, what they are doing once on the boat, and what to expect once they depart. FYI in terms of fish caught, I had a day where we caught a lot of fish, a day where we caught 1 fish, and a day where we caught no fish.

1  Thank Mastashen
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Captain Daryl and mate Mikey did an amazing job guiding us while on a private sport fishing charter aboard Sea Hawk. A 205lb Blue Marlin was the result. A fabulous day spent aboard the well equipped and spacious Sea Hawk. The knowledge and assistance provided by Captain Daryl and Mate Mikey was first rate. Both men made the trip enjoyable and very productive.

Reviewed 21 September 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went out twice with these guys this week on our trip. Fishing has been slow (that is fishing for ya), but the crew of the Ruckus was amazing!!! I would highly recommend this charter.

Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

I booked with this charter thru another person. It was a good day. The boat caught one nice fish and one really small one. I guess fishing here is very slow. There was the captain and a mate. I’ve never really done this kind of fishing. They explained it to us. If we caught anything under 100 lbs it was ours. If it’s over $100 lbs the boat owner kept it for the boat. And sold the fish. That was very different to me. And I guess each area does it differently. Would probably not do this type of fishing again. Even though it was a good trip. Just not really for me. I like reeling In fish. Lol. By the way if you get sea sick easily I would not recommend this. The water is reallllly rough. Let me know if this review helps

Reviewed 9 August 2018

We went 80 miles on a 9 hour boat trip on the Seahawk. Captain Eric has a few decades of experience and it showed. He and the crew Jay and Clay did an awesome job. We searched for about 5 hours looking for signs and once or twice saw the tuna jumping after a bait ball but could not get over there in time to capitalize. Finally Captain Eric spotted a huge area with the sea boiling with giant tuna jumping out of the water making huge splashes. He spotted it from the bridge a long ways off using image stabilizing binoculars. We were able to get there in time and caught three yellow fin tunas weighing 110 lbs, 118 lbs, and 150 lbs. All five lines were hit simultaneously but only three got hooked. Pretty strong fish and it took a long time to boat them and get them cleaned and on ice. The crew really knew what they were doing. The waves and swells were up a bit which impacted the fishing and it was a long fairly rough ride back against the waves. Good time sitting on the bridge with the crew. Fishing is fishing there are no guarantees, but my day on the Seahawk with the crew and other guests was pretty awesome! I would definitely recommend the all day trip to get to the best fishing areas.

Reviewed 3 July 2018 via mobile

Obviously I was looking to reel in some large fish, any type. Unfortunately that was not the case. Saw some fish, Had a few bites, but was not able to bring anything aboard. Is was a beautiful day out on the water and Capt Dallas was very accommodating, answering all my questions and shooting the sh$t most of the day. The crew did their best, but you have to realize that nothing is a guarantee. Wish the Maggie Joe good luck in the upcoming Marlin Tournament in the big Island!

Reviewed 25 June 2018

knowledgeable crew and captain, tried hard all day but unfortunately we got skunked. The other boats didn't do very well either so it was just a bad day of fish catching. Would definitely do it again.