“Know when to go”

Wolfgang's Steakhouse
Reserve with OpenTable
Wolfgang's Steakhouse is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #118 of 2,405 Restaurants in Honolulu
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Waikiki
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Know when to go”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Any dining experience at Wolfgang's is top notch. Dry aged beef will melt like the butter it's paired with. And way too expensive. Hold it, that's not exactly true. While a normal dinner for two will probably set you back $150 or so, check out their happy hour, or happy day for that matter. Beginninig at 11:00 a.m. and running through part of the afternoon; it's a little complicated depending on which menu you are searching, you can get a great meal for a very reasonable price. $10 hamburgers and the other bar fare, yes you must sit at the bar, are awesome. Careful adding cheese, bacon, and other toppings as that can make the $10 burger a $16 burger. $20 per person can get you some prime aged beef and a cold beverage or split a side dish. I just gave away one of my best kept secrets. Oh well, enjoy!

• Visited August 2014
1 Thank Mark G

• Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Birmingham, Michigan
“Visited my favorite steakhouse in paradise”
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

I never visit New York without a dinner at Wolfgang's. So during a visit to Honolulu, we took the short walk from our hotel to Wolfgang's. Outside of the different decor we were not disappointed. The bacon appetizer was excellent. The steak was outstanding. The only thing missing was the cottage fries. For some reason, those were not a hit in Honolulu. Whether in New York or Honolulu, I will always stop at Wolfgang's. You should too!

Visited July 2014
“delicious and great service”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The steaks as well as everything else were delicious. But I was especially pleased with the service. Our waiter was wonderful!! He was polite, cheerful, attentive, made us feel welcome, made great recommendations about what and how much we should order to have a pleasant meal, had a good memory (remembered everything we ordered without taking notes), and was especially nice to make sure our child enjoyed her dinner too. Our child is allergic to certain foods and he was nice about discussing with the kitchen and preparing something that was not on the menu. With staff like him, the restaurant is sure a success!

Visited May 2014
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Well Aged!”
Reviewed 14 July 2014

By far the best tasting steak in Honolulu and you get what you pay for $$$ We had a 7:00 p.m. reservation for my wife's birthday and had to wait for two more guests to arrive - Waikiki Friday night traffic. The hostesses were very accommodating despite the place being booked and seated us closer to 7:20 however, our table was ready. Our waiter/wait staff was also excellent despite being very, very busy.

I have eaten at all the major steak houses in Honolulu over the past 30 years when there were only 2 or 3 to choose from. This place is definitely tops in taste but misses the intimacy of Hy's or Ruth's because of the volume and seats this restaurant accommodates. It can get noisy because of the openness and close tables.

You will enjoy the happy hour at the bar - best deal in town but go early...

• Visited July 2014
“Terrible service mind and expensive”
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

I visited Wolfgang with my family, but its atmosphere and service mind of employees were terriblely bad, no smile, no joke at all.

I have been there 2 years ago, it was really nice time, that was why I visited there again.

I was going to give a tip 15%, but my server told us that we have to pay more, at least 18%!

I really didnt want give them more, they sucked our special time.

Dont even make any reservation at Wolfgang if you want to have a really nice time.

They are the worst restaurant now!!

• Visited July 2014