“Lack of service.”

Ranked #380 of 2,337 Restaurants in Honolulu
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Brunch, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Houston, TX
“Lack of service.”
Reviewed 10 December 2013 via mobile

One thing I won't do is wait 10 minutes for a menu or acknowledgement in any restaurant. It's a small place, not busy at the time of my arrival. I seated myself and waited to be served. To no avail I gathered my belongings and walked out after 10 minutes of watching staff standing around talking. You would expect to find better service at a mom and pop business but not happening here.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank jaison_lives

• Turkish first
Little Falls, New Jersey
“Stop in for breakfast on your way to the East Side of the Island! GET THE BISCUIT!”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

Jack's is situated in a shopping plaza right before you reach Hawaii Kai. We stopped in for breakfast and it was amazing!!

I can not stress enough that you NEED to get Jack's special biscuit! I don't know what kind of magic they are up to over there but it is DELICIOUS. It almost tasted as if they were made with scone batter and served with honey butter. SO SO good.

In addition to the biscuits, we had some really delicious pancakes and french toast.

Can't beat it -- friendly service, homey feel and great food at a reasonable price.
oh and lawnchairs in the bathroom... don't know what to say about that but its good for a chuckle when you enter the bathroom!

• Visited September 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii
“Predictably satisfying in casual and friendly surroundings”
Reviewed 11 April 2013

In East Honolulu before Hawaii Kai, Jack's is one of my favorite spots for casual eating. At all times of the day, whether breakfast, lunch, or early dinner, the menu is unchanging--and inexpensive. There are maybe 15 tables with the bare amenities, but looking beyond the lack of ambience, the quality and quantity of the servings, the great coffee, plus the attentive service, make an unbeatable combination for the locals. The tourists rarely wander in, perhaps offset by the appearance and location in a strip shopping center. Just as well, since the places fills up quickly especially on the weekends.
It is clean and basic--and friendly.
I usually order the Spanish tripe stew or the lamb stew, but lately I've been ordering the Chinese chicken (with anise flavoring) with mushrooms. All are delicious and rather hard-to-find elsewhere. Another unique item is their fluffy, home-made muffin lathered with soft butter.
I have never left unsatiated.

Visited April 2013
“Good little cafe”
Reviewed 6 March 2013 via mobile

Great friendly service with tasty eats. Recommend the Loco Moco or chivken salad over papaya. Great for breakfast or lunch. The prices are very reasonable also.

Sunnyvale, CA
“Very good place for breakfast and lunch when you're in this area”
Reviewed 22 January 2013

We hiked up Kokohead in the morning and were looking for a place to eat something before splurging on the "best" shave ice in Oahu (Uncle Clays). Jack's Restaurant was in the same shopping center so we stopped in around 10:30 after our hike. There are some basic breakfast offerings and we were fully satisfied. The waitresses were so attentive, serving us promptly and keeping our coffee constantly filled. Wife had the corned beef hash with hash browns and eggs and I had the "island" breakfast with grilled Mahi Mahi, eggs, and hash browns. We each had their biscuits which were light and fluffy and had a cornbread consistency. The fish was fresh and seasoned with some Hawaiian spices which were out of this world. Wife kept raving about the corned beef hash as it was so beautifully done. Even at 10:30, there was a steady stream of locals having brunch. I think Jacks is a great place to stop off on the way back from Kokohead or Hanamau Bay. You get good, decent food at very low prices.

4 Thank ECL