“Don't Listen to the Negatives!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Serenity Spa - CLOSED

Serenity Spa
Johnson City, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Don't Listen to the Negatives!”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Despite the negative reviews, my husband and I got a couple's lomi-lomi massage at Serenity Spa after a recommendation from our hotel. We honestly cannot understand all the negativity; our massages were wonderful! Our masseuses - Ellen and Winnie - kneaded away all the stress of our house-buying and wedding planning over the past six months. Ellen remained aware of my sunburn the entire time and made sure her pressure was to my liking. The only downside was it was over too quickly (a cliche that I mean 100%). The rest of the staff was very friendly and the receptionist even gave my husband good shopping recommendations.

Visited June 2014
1 Thank Janette J

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Overpriced!”
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I went here to get my hair washed, dried. It was the worst experience ever. The hairstylist was so rough while washing my hair that i am surprised i had hair left on my head! I told her to be gentle ...she continued to pull hard. It brought tears to my eyes, never in my life have i had such terrible experience. I have been to many salons in the world while traveling and this was the worst. They are overpriced and poor service. Save your money and hair ,,go somewhere else.

Visited April 2014
Awendaw, South Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Visit the spa”
Reviewed 8 March 2014

If you plan to visit the spa for a massage, make sure to request John. After the long long flight, I had a terrible neck pain. John knew exactly where to go to relieve the pain.
I'd give him 5 stars or more if I could.
One negative however was the fact that we requested a couples massage and one of the therapists didn't show. But at least I got John!

1 Thank hahsgg
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Fantastic massage”
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

Had a remedial massage by a gentleman called John. He was amazing. Acupressure/Swedish massage. The best massage I have ever had. The couple that returned to the waiting room before me looked also very happy, I believe they had Ellen and John as their masseurs. Great way to relax, right near the pool in the Outrigger Reef on the beach, Waikiki beach.

Visited January 2014
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Over priced, worst experince ”
Reviewed 23 June 2013 via mobile

I stayed at the outrigger reef snd went to this spa to get waxing done, very slow, she said she was thorough i had to ask her three times to re do an area i had patches were she missed hair on me and they were not friendly at all, its convinient because its at the hotel but honestly save your money and walk down the street find a better cheaper place, i walked out $300 down and very dissappinted. Worst experience ever!!!!!!