“Expensive” 3 of 5 bubbles

Neighbourhood: Waikiki
Vacaville, California
“Expensive”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

The Ice cream was tasty but it was way over priced. small scoops came in a plastic bowl and were $4.25. A waffle cone was another $1.25.

Visited July 2014

• Korean first
Sacramento, California
“Ice Cream by the beach, what else is there to say!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

A very personal, family friendly ice cream parlor. You have to time your visit, this place can get crazy busy but they were accommodating to make my favorite shake.

Visited July 2014
“Great Ice Cream Variety!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014

I tried all sorts of frozen treats when I visited Oahu this summer: shave ice, snow ice, and of course, ice cream. This location has a great selection of flavors, handmade waffle cones and generous servings. I returned many times for the white chocolate macadamia nut flavor! Tip: Go earlier in the day, unless you don't mind a very long post-dinner line wrapped around the building! The coffee and baked goods were OK. Go for the ice cream.

• Visited July 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Naperville, Illinois
“All the choices under the sun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

This place within the Hilton grounds has a fantastic selection of ice cream. Some are tropical flavored and others meet the standard fare but all are outstanding! There were 4 of us and the 3 flavors we chose were delish. I may be returning tonight to get the toasted salted hazelnut gelato!!

Tracy, California
“"Home made"”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Ever since we first stayed at this resort we have been coming to this restaurant. After this meal, I can honestly say, we won't be returning for a while.

Over the years, the service hasn't been the same, the price keeps climbing, and the food isn't all that!

We ate here for lunch mainly because our kids wanted to and said they couldn't remember their last experience.

We didn't do supper because the prices are way too high.

Our chef, who I won't mention was nice but "inexperienced in the cooking department or for that matter in the entertainment category as well."

He started off with a few jokes, which I didn't find funny and the only one laughing was him! ;-/

He starts us off by placing an onion and other vegetables onto the hot plate.

The onion volcano trick:
It didn't work! The premise is, he builds a volcano out of onion rings by placing them on top of each other. He then lights the stacked rings and "walla, it's on fire!"

So he stacks onion rings one on top of the other and then adds something inside to ignite a fire. I guess the hot plate is suppose to ignite whatever he poured inside.

Anyway, when that didn't work, he came out with a laser light (I'm not making this stuff up) and tried to light the onion on fire, which also failed. He then tried to amuse us by saying it’s a light show... "Hardee, har, har!"

I then suggested "gasoline," which would’ve ignited for sure, along with us and the other couple at our table..... "Hey, at least I got laughs!"

Next came the preparation of "garlic rice" and after adding all the ingredients into the rice along with some funny words, out comes the wooden salt a pepper shakers.

So he's trying to cook and entertain us at the same time and starts banging the wooden shakers around, flipping them into the air while "spewing salt and pepper" all over the place, not to mention in the rice.

On top of that, he drops one of the wooden shakers, which lands in the rice still being cooked.

Now, I'm not criticizing (ok, maybe I am) but I have no idea where these shakers have been prior to hitting our rice!

For all I know, they could've been on the floor and now it's in my rice! To add insult to injury, the chef gets cute and makes a heart shape out of our rice.

He then puts a spatula under one corner and says "it's a beating heart." "Really..."

"How bout you stop playing with my rice, and serve some on my plate." The rice tasted like the entertainment, dry!

I ordered the "beef yakisoba" but after he was through playing with my noodles and throwing it onto my plate, I didn't know what it was.

It tasted like a plate full of noodles cover in soy sauce. The preparation of the rest of the meals was uneventful.

We paid just under $100.00 for lunch which I felt wasn't worth the price.

Bottom line, this restaurant isn't as crowded as it used to be and that's probably because the food preparation needs improvement along with the entertainment.

• Visited November 2013