“Comfort, convenience and free parking for a great...”
other travellers have booked this property
queen bed 12th floor condo living room
lanai view from 29th floor condo
Waikiki Banyan 6th floor Rec area
IMG 0812
IMG 0926
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
slattere
Half Moon Bay, California
“Comfort, convenience and free parking for a great price!”
Reviewed 14 September 2012 for a stay in August 2012
people found this review helpful

Spacious condo, comfortabe bed, great kitchen, close to beach, shops and restaurantsl for a low price and no cleaning fee! For less than the price of a room in a local hotel, you get free parking and WiFi and a kitchen so you don't have to eat out for every meal - that gets expensive. The advantage of free parking in Waikiki cannot be overstated. There is almost no on-street parking, and it is all metered. We stayed in Thomas Edwards' condo on the 12th floor of Tower 1, close to the elevator which takes you conveniently to the lobby or to the parking garage - it is never a long walk to the car. It is a very short walk to Waikiki beach or to an assortment of restaurants and shops. We were only in Waikiki for three days, so I didn't do much cooking, but I looked through the drawers and cabinets and was very impressed with how well-equipped the kitchen was for just about anything you might want to cook - there is an excellent assortment of pots, pans, utensils and cooking implements. The best collection of kitchen utensils I've ever seen in any rental condo. I can't speak for Thomas's other two 1-br condos at the Waikiki Banyan, but #1206 had a great kitchen! The queen-size bed was very comfortable and there were plenty of extra pillows in the closet to choose from, plus extra sheets and lots of towels. The living room was spacious with nice furniture. The walls must be very well insulated because we never heard the elevators next to us, or any noise from neighbors. The view from our unit was mostly of other tall buildings nearby, but from the lanai you could look down the street to the ocean where we could watch surfers and canoe races, or look north to see the hills above Honolulu. At night we liked to turn off the air conditioner and open the bedroom window to enjoy the balmy island air. We were very pleased with the condo, and would not hesitate to stay in one of Thomas Edwards' condos again!

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: comfortable accomodations for a reasonable price
Liked least: having to leave
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Corey33
Windsor, Canada
“Excellent Location ,Top Notch Value and Superb Owner”
Reviewed 3 September 2012 for a stay in August 2012
people found this review helpful

The condo was a fantastic value which included free parking and high speed internet . The unit has been well maintained and updated. The Owner Thomas Edwards emailed me the instructions on how to contact him once we arrived at the airport and then when I did call he gave me the full details on how to get into the unit and that the payment would not even be needed until the next day which went very smooth. Later in the week he called me and told me that a brand new couch was being delivered and was it ok if they switched it and of course I said absolutely. He actually acted as if I was the owner of the unit which I thought was outstanding.The unit was only two blocks from the beach and walking distance to all the shops and restaurants. I was able to take surfing lessons from the next door Marriott Beach Resort with Kai Sallas Pro Surf School and that was very cool. We had a rental car and we put over 500 miles driving it all over the island in which we snorkeled Hanauma Bay and Sharks Cove on the North Shore two times. We hiked to the top of Diamond Head and drove to the top of Mount Tantalus. We swam at crowded Waikiki Beach, beautiful windward Kailua Bay beach park but the absolute best beach on the whole island is the tropical postcard Waimanalo Bay State Rec Area which is just as pictureque as Lanikai Beach but 10 times bigger and very uncrowded compared to Waikiki and tons of parking in a natural wooded area. (to be safe do not leave anything valuable in your rental car or even trunk just take what you need and even just leave windows down and car open to make your car less of a potential target) we had no issues but I read lots of posts and did just that and had a great vacation. We did so many other things that filled our 8 days to the max. This was a awesome experience and great place to stay.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location, free parking, free internet, great owner
Liked least: Everything was great
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Friends getaway Older travelers
Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Christchurch New Zealand

Reviewed 27 May 2012 for a stay in March 2012

Texas
Reviewed 18 April 2012 for a stay in June 2012

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
dps4567
Billings, Montana
“This condo was perfect in many ways: location/parking/price/aloha spirit.”
Reviewed 24 May 2011 for a stay in May 2011
people found this review helpful

I have travelled to Honolulu many times, but usually stay with relatives. This is the first time I rented a condo and it was even better in person than pictured. The view was spectacular, the kitchen and bath very nicely done and new. It was roomier than expected including the livingroom and bedroom. It was very clean and included everything promised - internet connection, free phone local and long distance, and parking pass for garage under condo. The owner/host was very tolerant of some unexpected changes in my travel plans and made me feel very welcome. I would not hesitate to recommend this to others and return again.

Travelling group: With Friends
Your age range 65+
Young singles Friends getaway
A romantic getaway Older travelers
Families with young children Families with teenagers
Tourists
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing