Some of the staff (Justin and Erin from the downstairs pool) were AWESOME!!!! They took great care of me and my family. They were very attentive!!!! I didn't get a sense of Hawaii by being in this hotel, sloppy service from some staff, overpriced menu, and room location. The location of the hotel was ok but the location of our room sucked! Looked at the parking structure and had no balcony (upgrades were unavailable).I found staff and service to be either great or very poor (spilling things, forgetting things, bringing wrong orders, not knowing how to make drinks, long waiting time, etc.) . Also, on the day of our departure there was some kind of parade and streets were blocked off therefore prolonging our trip to the airport and making it difficult for us to get a cab. The hotel never informed us of this so we can plan for this delay. We could have easily missed our flight. We had to carry all of our stuff across the street in order to get a cab. This hotel does not offer 2 bed-rooms with a balcony which was a bummer. Our room was facing a parking structure and had no balcony.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated, THE MODERN HONOLULU stands at the epicenter between the world renowned Hawaiian experience of Waikiki Beach, the blossoming Kaka’ako arts district, and Honolulu’s downtown cosmopolitan scene. We are the hub of contemporary culture and creativity in Honolulu. Our boutique luxury is as refined as it is relaxed. An empowered team delivers THE MODERN HONOLULU experience -- alluring, personalized and innovative – surrounded by an award winning design concept that creates an urban chic beach aesthetic. LATHER spa features treatments developed around the purest products in the world -- natural, organic, and sustainable. Local and house-made culinary menus are offered for poolside and in-room dining, complemented by RAVISH Restaurant which blends our Island’s bounty with Asian flavors and South American tastes creating a true Pacific Rim experience. Two stylish pools overlook the ocean for daytime fun while a vibrant scene at The Study lobby bar is the spot for an evening rendezvous. It’s no wonder Thrillist magazine called us “The best boutique hotel in Hawaii.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Nozio Netplan srl, Booking.com, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Modern Honolulu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii