I've stayed at The Modern two times for business and while I love the hotel, actually prefer staying at their adjoining sister hotel The Ilikai simply because it is the quieter of the two properties. While The Modern is chic and beautifully designed, I had to switch rooms two times because of the unbearable noise from traffic and even then, was not happy with the noise level. It was challenging trying to fall asleep (even though the bed and pillows were fabulous - see below). The location of the hotel is perfect. Centrally located and in the beginning of Waikiki, it's a good "launching pad." There are wonderful beaches a five minute walk from the property, great shopping (Ala Moana Shopping Center) and eating establishments minutes away by foot or car, as well as great nightlife. The rooms are moderate in size and come with a mini fridge. The desk is very large with comfortable seating - perfect for the serious business person. The bed is very comfy with high thread count sheets, but beware of getting injured from the sharp corners of the frames. Iron Chef Morimoto's restaurant (Morimotos) is one of the highlights on the property and I've enjoyed delicious/reasonably priced leisurely breakfast, lunches and dinner there enjoying the view of the harbor. The "lounge" poolside is a wonderful place to enjoy outdoor meetings as it is covered and has comfortable seating. The hotel's ambience may appeal more to singles or couples rather than families. If you are looking for a place to host a small conference, The Modern has wonderful facilities including intimate seminar rooms, "ballrooms" that have moving doors and my favorite - a rooftop lanai perfect for yoga. As a conference organizer, I found the staff to be very professional and highly accommodating. The hotel is ultra chic and you can be assured the staff is warm and hospitable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated, THE MODERN HONOLULU stands at the epicenter between the world renowned Hawaiian experience of Waikiki Beach, the blossoming Kaka’ako arts district, and Honolulu’s downtown cosmopolitan scene. We are the hub of contemporary culture and creativity in Honolulu. Our boutique luxury is as refined as it is relaxed. An empowered team delivers THE MODERN HONOLULU experience -- alluring, personalized and innovative – surrounded by an award winning design concept that creates an urban chic beach aesthetic. LATHER spa features treatments developed around the purest products in the world -- natural, organic, and sustainable. Local and house-made culinary menus are offered for poolside and in-room dining, complemented by RAVISH Restaurant which blends our Island’s bounty with Asian flavors and South American tastes creating a true Pacific Rim experience. Two stylish pools overlook the ocean for daytime fun while a vibrant scene at The Study lobby bar is the spot for an evening rendezvous. It’s no wonder Thrillist magazine called us “The best boutique hotel in Hawaii.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Agoda, Ebookers, TravelUp, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Nozio Netplan srl, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Modern Honolulu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii