It was a surprise weekend trip for my boyfriends birthday. First off, I called to make reservations and Hazel was extremely nice and friendly. She was very helpful and did her best to give me a great deal (I qualified for the kamaaina rate).
When I checked in, it was late around 7:30pm on a Friday night. Oliver checked us in and he became my go-to person for the weekend. Let me state that my boyfriend and I are not only in our early twenties, but we are also locals staying with the discounted kamaaina rate, so I was expecting a little attitude from the staff. I was very wrong.. Oliver treated us like we were VIPs. The room we stayed in was perfect and I loved the decor, however the TV didn't work. When I called down to report it, Oliver answered and immediately addressed my concern-- without any hesitation or attitude. He told me he'd have to call me back to diagnose the issue and I barely waited five minutes before he called up again. He quickly moved us to another great room. We were beyond happy campers.
Oliver was the absolute best! Whenever I had a question he responded quickly and went above and beyond to make sure we were happy. I had minimal interaction with the other Front Desk staff and although they were cordial, none seemed as warm or inviting to talk to. Oliver was he employee who really made our staycation perfect... I'm fact, I'd say he was the best hotel employee I've ever met.
The hotel was great. I loved the interior design and white rooms. Upon entry, I really like the surfboard art behind the front desk. We had friends over to hang out and they also loved the look and feel of the hotel. Definitely recommending this place to tourists and residents alike. In fact, I am already planning another staycation here, just crossing my fingers Oliver will still be there!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated, THE MODERN HONOLULU stands at the epicenter between the world renowned Hawaiian experience of Waikiki Beach, the blossoming Kaka’ako arts district, and Honolulu’s downtown cosmopolitan scene. We are the hub of contemporary culture and creativity in Honolulu. Our boutique luxury is as refined as it is relaxed. An empowered team delivers THE MODERN HONOLULU experience -- alluring, personalized and innovative – surrounded by an award winning design concept that creates an urban chic beach aesthetic. LATHER spa features treatments developed around the purest products in the world -- natural, organic, and sustainable. Local and house-made culinary menus are offered for poolside and in-room dining, complemented by RAVISH Restaurant which blends our Island’s bounty with Asian flavors and South American tastes creating a true Pacific Rim experience. Two stylish pools overlook the ocean for daytime fun while a vibrant scene at The Study lobby bar is the spot for an evening rendezvous. It’s no wonder Thrillist magazine called us “The best boutique hotel in Hawaii.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Agoda, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Modern Honolulu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii