The room was spacious and modern, with a big balcony. Ours was overlooking the pools with the beach in the background – beautiful during the day and night.
There are 2 pools, one for adults only that is a paddling pool (that didn’t make much sense to me) and the main pool which is generally busier. Although it is only a flight of steps from one to the other.
There is no beach but it’s just a short walk away. There is also a large shopping centre 15-20mins walking.
We only had breakfast in the hotel one day and although my omelette was very expensive, it was also the best omelette I’ve ever had! We ate lunch by the poolside a few times and again the food was excellent.
My only complaint is that there is a minimum spend to use the double sun beds in the main pool area. This hotel is not cheap you are already paying a premium to stay here, why add a minimum spend for these? They also put ‘reserved for VIP’ signs on these beds ruining the exclusivity feel of place.
Whilst in Honolulu we visited some of the other nearby hotels and although they seemed nice enough they were also enormous concrete blocks, the Hilton has 5 very tall apartment blocks... I guess it’s personal preference but I would much rather stay at a smaller boutique hotel like The Modern where you feel special and not just one of the many thousands staying there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated, THE MODERN HONOLULU stands at the epicenter between the world renowned Hawaiian experience of Waikiki Beach, the blossoming Kaka’ako arts district, and Honolulu’s downtown cosmopolitan scene. We are the hub of contemporary culture and creativity in Honolulu. Our boutique luxury is as refined as it is relaxed. An empowered team delivers THE MODERN HONOLULU experience -- alluring, personalized and innovative – surrounded by an award winning design concept that creates an urban chic beach aesthetic. LATHER spa features treatments developed around the purest products in the world -- natural, organic, and sustainable. Local and house-made culinary menus are offered for poolside and in-room dining, complemented by RAVISH Restaurant which blends our Island’s bounty with Asian flavors and South American tastes creating a true Pacific Rim experience. Two stylish pools overlook the ocean for daytime fun while a vibrant scene at The Study lobby bar is the spot for an evening rendezvous. It’s no wonder Thrillist magazine called us “The best boutique hotel in Hawaii.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Nozio Netplan srl, Priceline, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, Ebookers, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your The Modern Honolulu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii