My husband and I stayed here for our honeymoon, before spending some time on the Big Island. It was his first time on Oahu, and he enjoyed it tremendously, mostly I think due to The Modern. Wow! I have stayed at many hotels, and have been fortunate enough to stay at many nice ones, but The Modern is extremely special. Even though you are in a big city (a lot of people's negatives about Wakiki and Honolulu), this hotel feels like an oasis of peace and tranquility.
Another special thing about the Modern is loveliness of every single one of the staff. Everyone from the receptionist who greeted us, to the concierges who nicely printed out directions for us, to the waitresses at breakfast, they are all warm and treated us with a generosity-of-spirit that seems genuine. I feel everyone takes great pride in doing their job excellently and they sincerely wanted us to have a great time. Just sitting at the pool and having a person from the wait staff bring us ice water was so kind, not to mention the fresh fruit and sunblock provided. Really, I cannot praise them enough.
For me, it was an ideal location. Just a short walk to the beach, but not right on the beach or in the bustle of the city. And the décor was warm, stylish, and made me want to just move on in.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated, THE MODERN HONOLULU stands at the epicenter between the world renowned Hawaiian experience of Waikiki Beach, the blossoming Kaka’ako arts district, and Honolulu’s downtown cosmopolitan scene. We are the hub of contemporary culture and creativity in Honolulu. Our boutique luxury is as refined as it is relaxed. An empowered team delivers THE MODERN HONOLULU experience -- alluring, personalized and innovative – surrounded by an award winning design concept that creates an urban chic beach aesthetic. LATHER spa features treatments developed around the purest products in the world -- natural, organic, and sustainable. Local and house-made culinary menus are offered for poolside and in-room dining, complemented by RAVISH Restaurant which blends our Island’s bounty with Asian flavors and South American tastes creating a true Pacific Rim experience. Two stylish pools overlook the ocean for daytime fun while a vibrant scene at The Study lobby bar is the spot for an evening rendezvous. It’s no wonder Thrillist magazine called us “The best boutique hotel in Hawaii.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TravelUp, MrandMrsSmith, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Agoda, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Modern Honolulu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii