“Deconstructed Mai Tai”

Ranked #7 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Deconstructed Mai Tai”
Reviewed 17 March 2014

On the advice of some friends prior to dining at Morimoto's we decided to have the deconstructed Mai Tai offered at the Modern Hotel's pool bar. This is a drink you don't want to miss, absolutely delicious! Great atmosphere and service too, one of the best drinks we had on our vacation.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,214)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 17 March 2014

I signed up for a trip advisor account just to write this review. I've been to Waikiki a few times and have stayed in a variety of locations. The Modern is by far the best experience I've had on Waikiki. The staff is extremely friendly and the atmosphere is much less cluttered and far more refined than what I've seen in the rest of this area. If I return to Waikiki, I will definitely stay at The Modern again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Robert M
Kirkland, Washington
Reviewed 16 March 2014

The Modern Hotel is everything every hotel in Miami South Beach strives to be but it's better. It's cool, contemporary, and comfortable without alienating guests. You will see families, singles, couples, older, younger, not just the beautiful people like in Miami. The rooms are crisp, clean, and very user-friendly. The restaurant, Morimoto, is outstanding. The staff is well trained and service oriented. I'm a fan.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank JimValley
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
Reviewed 15 March 2014

The Study at The Modern Honolulu is the most contemporary, sophisticated and trendy lounge in Honolulu hidden secretly behind a bookshelf wall near the lobby. I organized an after dinner party for the local team of our corporation, being one of the most well known fashion company in the world, and our team who is always trending toward high expectation, had the most wonderful time due to the very special and attentive care from the hotel management and professionalism of the staff. The delightful evening will be a memorable experience of excellence for all of us!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Patrick-Gey
Honoluku
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I've stayed at luxury hotels all over the world, and I would rate this among the best experiences I've had. The staff are welcoming and the environment is pure luxury. If you're looking for a celebrity or royal feel, this is the place. I'm eating dinner at Morimoto's as I write this and the steak melts in my mouth. I will be back for sure.

• Stayed March 2014
1 Thank Dad2Fv
Kaneohe, Hawaii
Reviewed 13 March 2014

Whether you are visiting the islands or are a local looking for staycation, The Modern is THE best hotel to stay while in Waikiki. We stayed at The Modern twice in July 2013 (once for my bachelorette party and then again for my wedding). The service is OUTSTANDING! From the very moment we stepped out of our car, the hotel staff was very attentive and friendly! From the valet to the bell-hops to the front desk staff and concierge! Wherever we went on hotel grounds, the staff at The Modern was quick to make sure all our questions were answered and needs were met. We loved our dinner and breakfast at Morimoto. Ask to be seated outside for dinner...the ambience and lights from the nearby harbor are so romantic! The decor in the rooms and around the hotel are AMAZING! As locals, we enjoyed the intimate vibe we felt at The Modern. Everyone there felt like family! We cannot wait to return to The Modern in April 2014!!

Room Tip: Opt for an ocean view or partial ocean view room. If possible, request a room away from the elevator...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed 12 March 2014

I travel to the Modern during the day to check out the hotel. The moment I arrived I love the boutique style hotel. I notice they have their own scent too. Which smelled lovely. The pool was nice and it seem more like an adult hotel. I wanted to make it for lunch at Morimoto. Lunch was fantastic. Also try the coconut mojitos at the bar outside. So declicous. I would certainly love to stay at this hotel for my next trip here.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo