Stayed here for a week while on business trip in Honolulu. Originally wanted to stay in Outrigger but in the end concluded this hotel was better - it is newly renovated, all rooms updated with a modern touch (aka no suspicious looking bathtub stains), very good bar (Library) and restaurant (Iron Chef Morimoto), free morning coffee and tea, cookies in the room every night...
The location right next to Hilton Lagoon is perfect too, not in the heart of Waikiki but walking distance to all its greatness. It could still be noisy with all those firetrucks, ambulances and police patrols running around at all hours, but windows are quite tight.
It is also one of the few hotels to open its swimming pool 24 hours.
It has a very young clientele compare to many other hotels in the area. Which means less children in the pool, more people at the bar.
I got a corporate rate but I think it was good value for its location, amenities, service and convenience.
Only thing to take away the 5th star is when I checked in I was asked for my credit card as a security deposit, while usually on business trips the company corporate card should have taken care of it before my departure, later when I checked out they have already charged room services to my personal credit card too which should have been to the corporate card. I had to do expense claims afterwards which brought an exchange rate loss... Also on my welcome letter it stated that there is to be one free drink from the bar per stay. When I checked out it was not taken off my bill, and had to ask for it again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated, THE MODERN HONOLULU stands at the epicenter between the world renowned Hawaiian experience of Waikiki Beach, the blossoming Kaka’ako arts district, and Honolulu’s downtown cosmopolitan scene. We are the hub of contemporary culture and creativity in Honolulu. Our boutique luxury is as refined as it is relaxed. An empowered team delivers THE MODERN HONOLULU experience -- alluring, personalized and innovative – surrounded by an award winning design concept that creates an urban chic beach aesthetic. LATHER spa features treatments developed around the purest products in the world -- natural, organic, and sustainable. Local and house-made culinary menus are offered for poolside and in-room dining, complemented by RAVISH Restaurant which blends our Island’s bounty with Asian flavors and South American tastes creating a true Pacific Rim experience. Two stylish pools overlook the ocean for daytime fun while a vibrant scene at The Study lobby bar is the spot for an evening rendezvous. It’s no wonder Thrillist magazine called us “The best boutique hotel in Hawaii.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Agoda, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Hotelopia, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Modern Honolulu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii