“200+ Group!”

The Modern Honolulu
Ranked #7 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed 30 July 2014

What a great hotel! Recently I sent a technology company from Northern CA for "company thank you" trip. Patricia in sales and the rest of the hotel team was amazing to work with and willing to work with us on our very specific needs! I would highly recommend this hotel! It also has amazing options for dining and the top night club in the city!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Yummy444

Reviewed 30 July 2014

We had a wonderful stay at The Modern Hotel. It was perfect! The location (right on the beach), the room (bright and spacious), the food (Morimoto) and most of all, the nightlife (The Study & Addiction) were great!
Situated on one end of Waikiki, it is a perfect spot for exploring ALL that Honolulu has to offer.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank DiLyDi
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The service was impeccable, didn't matter how early or how late the staff were all very helpful and friendly and they would go out of their way to assist you, from the second I set foot into the hotel and checked in, to when I checked out. The hotel itself was beautiful,at a great location just out of the main CBD of Waikiki so wasn't too noisy and had a very relaxing feel to it. The interior of the hotel and the atmosphere was a bonus, beautifully decorated, clean and always smelt fresh like tropical fruits; so much so that the smell would linger down the street and you would know which hotel it came from. The room I stayed in was just right, spacious but cosy. The hotel may be 4.5 star but overall I think it was better than some of the 5 star hotels I have stayed in. I would definitely stay at the Modern again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the ocean would be quieter, choose the side away from Ala Moana Boulevard.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank CassandraS623
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Stayed with my parents there for 4 nights. They were very accommodating and friendly. We stayed in a partial ocean view room that worked out great! Had a great view of the city and the ocean :) The rooms are simply furnished and very spacious. I really like their decor concept of simple and un-cluttered comfort. There is no coffee maker or refrigerator in the room but they would be more than happy to have guest services bring it up to your room when you request it. Valet parking service, although not free ($28/day), is worth the price! You donʻt have to worry about self-parking, and I appreciate that you can call guest services and have them bring your car around when you are ready to leave. Parking in Waikiki is usually a nightmare, so I really appreciated this service! Overall, we enjoyed our stay and would definitely stay there again :) P.S. I love how they served a refreshing lemonade and cold towelette when you check in, especially with how hot the weather can get in Honolulu!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Denise A
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We loved everything about the modern, it really made our trip to Hawaii. It is difficult to say why exactly, because it just feels like a hotel where they've got it all right. Can't recommend it enough. Lovely comfortable, well designed rooms, fabulous pool, excellent service and staff and a hotel restaurant that really makes any special occasion. We'll be back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MilyTay
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I just stayed here with a group of girlfriends over the weekend for a bachelorette party weekend. Everything was so great here!!! We were originally supposed to stay at the Sheraton Waikiki (which I've stayed at several times before)...I will definitely not be staying there again! We had such a great time! Even checking in was awesome! haha...we were given glasses of lemon juice while we waited since they weren't too busy, as we got there a little later than normal check in time. The rooms are nice, very clean and sophisticated! I loved that they are not your typical over done Hawaii rooms....you know the ones that look like a hibiscus threw up everywhere! We were on the 3rd floor, and warned it might be loud because of the club in the hotel. We all slept very well the night we stayed in! We went to Addiction, the night club friday night. It was really great being able to just go upstairs and not have to worry about driving, a cab or transportation in general! The pool was great, I definitely recommend reserving a day bed! It was a busy day at the pool the day we hung out, but it didn't seem that busy because we had an area that was just ours! Our group loved the stay so much, everyone keeps saying "I can't wait to go back, even if it's just to the pool!". We loved everything...even down to the plumeria smell in the lobby area! :)

Room Tip: Request a high room if possible. Waikiki is a busy place in general!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We, my wife, daughter and I, recently spent a wonderful week at the Modern, right on Waikiki beach, Honolulu. What a wonderfully, relaxing place it is...the pool and cabana are enough to turn me into a homeless person..I'll just live there. Aaron, the manager, was a great host and accommodated us on a couple of special requests...Loved the location, the rooms were just amazing, attention to detail in every respect was more than we have experienced in alot of recent travels...yepper...can't wait to go back, and we will!

Room Tip: Get beachfront, or spa overlook...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family