Even before we arrived, I was greeted via email by the concierge/mgr asking what time they could expect us to check in.
Upon arrival we were greeted at the front desk with cool refreshing mocktail, and were upgraded to a one bedroom ocean view room (from ocean view room) because I mentioned we were celebrating our anniversary.
The room was clean, pretty, and indeed modern. the shampoos/soap and amenities in the bathroom were so lux! The only inconvenience was the lack of coffee machine in the room. But thats no issue, because every morning from 5:30 -10am there is coffee/tea available with take away coffee cups on the ground floor.
The location of the hotel was also great! short walk to Waikiki beach, AND couple of blocks away from Ala Moana mall made it super convenient to get to places.
Tour/activities desk was helpful when i tried to organise my trip to Pearl Harbor. The free in room wifi also helped me plan for our day trip.
Nearby to the hotel, there is a place called Goofy Cafe that serves dishes from local Hawaiian produce. Or if you are on budget or hankering for junk, McDonald's is just across the street as well.
Overall, great location, great facilities, great service at the Modern!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Perfectly situated, THE MODERN HONOLULU stands at the epicenter between the world renowned Hawaiian experience of Waikiki Beach, the blossoming Kaka’ako arts district, and Honolulu’s downtown cosmopolitan scene. We are the hub of contemporary culture and creativity in Honolulu. Our boutique luxury is as refined as it is relaxed. An empowered team delivers THE MODERN HONOLULU experience -- alluring, personalized and innovative – surrounded by an award winning design concept that creates an urban chic beach aesthetic. LATHER spa features treatments developed around the purest products in the world -- natural, organic, and sustainable. Local and house-made culinary menus are offered for poolside and in-room dining, complemented by RAVISH Restaurant which blends our Island’s bounty with Asian flavors and South American tastes creating a true Pacific Rim experience. Two stylish pools overlook the ocean for daytime fun while a vibrant scene at The Study lobby bar is the spot for an evening rendezvous. It’s no wonder Thrillist magazine called us “The best boutique hotel in Hawaii.” ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Agoda, Nozio Netplan srl, Southall Travel, TravelUp, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Priceline, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your The Modern Honolulu reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Modern Honolulu Hotel Honolulu
- The Modern Honolulu Hawaii