“Surfing in the rain!”

and up
Private Surf Lesson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Experience ADVENTURE away from the crowds!!! Hawaiian Surf Adventures offers Surf Lessons (which include an un-crowded surf break), Stand Up Paddle Lessons/Rentals AND the beloved Hawaiian double-hull Canoe Tour! Specializing in beginners, we keep our classes small and our instruction is sincere.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Food available for purchase
Reviewed 14 November 2013

Despite limited sets of waves due to inclement weather, we had a blast! Surf instructor Jedi and Captain Jonathon were the best! I look forward to bringing future visitors back to them again!

HSASurf, Owner at Hawaiian Surf Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Aloha Tina! Thank you so much for your great review AND great attitude about surfing in the rain ;) I'll share this with Jedi and Johnathan and I know it'll make their day! Please visit us again and remember you'll get 1/2 off all of our tours! Take care, Lisa :)

All reviews
in 4 reviews
"camera"
in 11 reviews

Reviewed 13 November 2013

This was the most amazing activity! Nobi was FANTASTIC! The canoe was great, and I fully enjoyed it, but by far, I'd go again just to listen to Nobi. I was so blown away by the passion he has for teaching CORRECT Hawaiian culture information. The first thing I've said to each person who asked me about my vacation is how great Nobi was, and what an impression he made on me.

I was able to purchase a special "deal" for our tour, which of course made it a great price, but it was definitely worth every penny beyond what we paid.

About the canoe...what was nice is that it was physical activity, but it was very comfortable. For someone who had back surgery 5 years ago, I'm always wary about too much activity, but this was quite comfortable! I fully expected to be sore the next day, but I didn't feel a thing. In fact, if you're considering taking your teenagers, this would be a fantastic trip: due to the weight placement of the canoe and the people (I assume), the two teenage girls who were also in our canoe were placed in the front, to perform as the "lead" people. Everyone gets paced on rowing based on their technique. The girls on our trip seemed to really do great, and it was very engaging for them.

Please extend a special thank you to Nobi. He truly made this a one-of-a-kind experience for me and my husband, and we definitely will cherish the memory of the random Wednesday we were lucky enough to spend in his presence. That kind of passion is remarkable, and should be celebrated and rewarded.

1  Thank Karen F

Aloha Karen and thank you for such an awesome review :) We are very grateful for your business and appreciative that you recognize Nobi's gift of teaching. He reads all of the reviews and I know this one will mean a lot to him too. We hope to see you again! With Aloha, Lisa :)

Reviewed 12 November 2013

My husband and son went on an outrigger canoe expedition. Nobi was very informative. It was fun, beautiful and a great value.

They with older women from the south, tough cookies, but trip can be enjoyed by all ages.

We would recommend this highly!!!

1  Thank RoseLady692

THANK YOU for such a great review! We really appreciate you taking the time to review us and wish you all the best! Take care, Lisa :)

Reviewed 12 November 2013

My wife and I took our two daughters, ages 10 and 6, on the canoe trip and had a wonderful time. Our guide Nobi was a great teacher giving us insight to Hawaiian history along with a lesson on Hawaiian outrigger canoeing. The trip did require some physical effort, but it wasn't anything our children couldn't handle. I highly recommend Hawaiian Surf Adventures for locals as well as visitors alike.

1  Thank NTA808

ALOHA and many thanks for joining us and giving such a great review of the canoe tour! We are so glad that you joined us and we look forward to your next visit :) All the best to you! With Aloha, Lisa :)

See more reviews
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We did the outrigger canoe trip and was far better than I ever thought it would be. Nobi, our instructor, was an excellent instructor. He gave us a brief lesson on using the paddles before we went out to the canoe. There were 10 of us and it was not hard work at all. We would paddle out a ways and then stop while Nobi told us about Hawaiian culture, history and geography. We paddled out to Maunalua Bay and also had time for swimming. I would recommend this trip for anyone. We were the oldest at early 60's but great for all ages.

1  Thank Deb04033

Aloha Deb! Thank you so much for joining us and for your great review - love the pic you posted too :) We appreciate your business and hope you'll come again! With Aloha, Lisa :)