“Highlight of the trip”

and up
Private Surf Lesson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Experience ADVENTURE away from the crowds!!! Hawaiian Surf Adventures offers Surf Lessons (which include an un-crowded surf break), Stand Up Paddle Lessons/Rentals AND the beloved Hawaiian double-hull Canoe Tour! Specializing in beginners, we keep our classes small and our instruction is sincere.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 19 November 2013

After returning home and being asked what was the highlight of the trip? It was the outrigger! Nobi shared so much with us. He taught about the vessel and how to row it in a short period of time. And off we went. It is the sharing of information that spanned so many area of Hawaiian culture that we enjoyed the most. It was a wonderful learning experience and a great water activity.

Thanks so much from the Maryland ladies.

1  Thank dhugg
HSASurf, Owner at Hawaiian Surf Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 20 December 2013

THANK YOU so much for the 5-star review - we really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience :) Hope to see you again! With Aloha, Lisa

Reviewed 14 November 2013

We had a blast taking surf lessons with Matt and Rob at Hawaiian Surf Adventures. My 10-year-old twin granddaughters and I took lessons for the first time. We were nervous, but Matt and Rob were very patient and calmed us down. We had a short boat ride to the perfect spot. After our two-hour lesson, we drove a half mile up the road and went snorkeling at Hanauma Bay. Great day!! We bought the disc of pictures and got great photos!

HSASurf, Owner at Hawaiian Surf Adventures, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2013

Aloha Peggy! Thank you so much for the great review! It was so nice meeting you and your adorable grand-daughters and hope you'll come visit us again :) So glad you got to go to Hanauma Bay too! All the best, Lisa :)

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Despite limited sets of waves due to inclement weather, we had a blast! Surf instructor Jedi and Captain Jonathon were the best! I look forward to bringing future visitors back to them again!

Aloha Tina! Thank you so much for your great review AND great attitude about surfing in the rain ;) I'll share this with Jedi and Johnathan and I know it'll make their day! Please visit us again and remember you'll get 1/2 off all of our tours! Take care, Lisa :)

Reviewed 13 November 2013

This was the most amazing activity! Nobi was FANTASTIC! The canoe was great, and I fully enjoyed it, but by far, I'd go again just to listen to Nobi. I was so blown away by the passion he has for teaching CORRECT Hawaiian culture information. The first thing I've said to each person who asked me about my vacation is how great Nobi was, and what an impression he made on me.

I was able to purchase a special "deal" for our tour, which of course made it a great price, but it was definitely worth every penny beyond what we paid.

About the canoe...what was nice is that it was physical activity, but it was very comfortable. For someone who had back surgery 5 years ago, I'm always wary about too much activity, but this was quite comfortable! I fully expected to be sore the next day, but I didn't feel a thing. In fact, if you're considering taking your teenagers, this would be a fantastic trip: due to the weight placement of the canoe and the people (I assume), the two teenage girls who were also in our canoe were placed in the front, to perform as the "lead" people. Everyone gets paced on rowing based on their technique. The girls on our trip seemed to really do great, and it was very engaging for them.

Please extend a special thank you to Nobi. He truly made this a one-of-a-kind experience for me and my husband, and we definitely will cherish the memory of the random Wednesday we were lucky enough to spend in his presence. That kind of passion is remarkable, and should be celebrated and rewarded.

1  Thank Karen F

Aloha Karen and thank you for such an awesome review :) We are very grateful for your business and appreciative that you recognize Nobi's gift of teaching. He reads all of the reviews and I know this one will mean a lot to him too. We hope to see you again! With Aloha, Lisa :)

Reviewed 12 November 2013

My husband and son went on an outrigger canoe expedition. Nobi was very informative. It was fun, beautiful and a great value.

They with older women from the south, tough cookies, but trip can be enjoyed by all ages.

We would recommend this highly!!!

1  Thank RoseLady692

THANK YOU for such a great review! We really appreciate you taking the time to review us and wish you all the best! Take care, Lisa :)