“Group Surf Lesson”

and up
Private Surf Lesson
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Experience ADVENTURE away from the crowds!!! Hawaiian Surf Adventures offers Surf Lessons (which include an un-crowded surf break), Stand Up Paddle Lessons/Rentals AND the beloved Hawaiian double-hull Canoe Tour! Specializing in beginners, we keep our classes small and our instruction is sincere.
Useful Information: Activities for older children, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Albuquerque, New Mexico
3 attraction reviews
“Group Surf Lesson”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This was such an awesome lesson! I looked at a great deal of surf schools, and I am so glad that I choose Hawaiian Surf Adventures.

I did a group class with two of my friends, and because the other people scheduled for the lesson did not show up, the three of us were the only ones in the class.

The actual lesson is about a 20-25 minute drive from Waikiki, but I am convinced that that is why we pretty much had the ocean to ourselves. It was so helpful to be learning to surf (not an easy task) without a ton of people trying to compete for waves with you.

Our instructor was incredibly patient and kind, and I felt so comfortable learning from him. With his help and instruction, all three of us were able to stand up and ride a few waves. Ryan took pictures of us the whole time, and captured some really great shots that we were able to purchase on a CD.

We were all very impressed by Hawaiian Surf Adventure and would highly recommend it to anyone who is interested in learning how to surf.

Visited April 2014
HSASurf, Owner at Hawaiian Surf Adventures, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Aloha Darby! Thank you for your great review and we appreciate you posting pictures as well! I'm so glad you realized the advantage of being away from the crowds - makes surfing WAY easier :) Come surf with us again! Take care, Lisa :)

Los Angeles, California
“Canoe Tour!”
Reviewed 28 April 2014

This is a great experience to have especially if you want a little more in-depth information about Hawaii from someone who has done his research. I went on April 24, 2014. I've been visiting Honolulu since I was eight to hang out with family and never really went on any of the activities available. So this time around I thought I would treat myself and this was awesome. I think I was uncoordinated but that's not unusual. If you would like a lot more paddling, you should tell them you're interested in a more intense experience. Perhaps with enough interest they'll put together one for those with more experience.

Visited April 2014
Aloha Grace :) Thank you for your great review :) I'm so glad that you enjoyed the canoe and I'm sure you did fabulous! Please visit us again - Nobie and Lyssa are always adding new information to share during the tour! With Aloha, Lisa :)
Cary, North Carolina
“Double-hull canoe tour is a must do!”
Reviewed 25 April 2014

My husband and I went on a double-hull canoe tour with Nobi. It was our first day away from Waikiki and it was nice to see another part of the island. Hawaii Kai and Koko Marina are breathtakingly beautiful. The tour was a lot of fun. Nobi spent a good amount of time giving us instruction on how to paddle and was very encouraging as we learned the technique and learned to work as a team (there were seven paddlers in our boat) out on the water. During breaks, he gave us time to swim and also gave us an informative and interesting history of the formation and settlement of Hawaii. He was willing to answer lots of questions and genuinely seemed to enjoy what he did. A very enjoyable tour!

Visited April 2014
Aloha! We can't thank you enough for your wonderful review - we're so glad you enjoyed the tour and appreciate you sharing your experience. All the best, Lisa :)
Seattle, Washington
31 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Great time on Outrigger Canoe”
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Eleven of us went on an outrigger canoe ride under the very capable guidance of Lyssa who works for the Hawaiian Surf Adventures. We all had a wonderful time and became more sure of ourselves as we continued to paddle. Lyssa added so much to the trip with her history and knowledge of the area. We especially appreciated the information that she gave us about Hawaiian culture and traditions. We all went away with a smile on our faces and would eagerly do it again! Way fun.

Visited April 2014
HSASurf, Owner at Hawaiian Surf Adventures, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Aloha Joanne, THANK YOU so much for such a great, kind review! We are so glad you enjoyed Lyssa and all that she shares. We love her too :) Please visit us again - take care, Lisa :)
“Family advanture!”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

My wife, two boys and I signed up for the double-hulled canoe tour on 19April14. Our guide was Lyssa and she was awesome. It was a very windy day however despite the rough conditions and the shortened tour she made it worth while. She was very knowledgeable and kept us entertained the entire time. She made ensure to include all of us as part of the "team" to include our 8 and 12 year old boys. The boys were a little nervous to begin with but Lyssa made them comfortable and they really enjoyed themselves. I would HIGHLY recommend HSA for your family adventures on the ocean.

The 1st Family

Visited April 2014
HSASurf, Owner at Hawaiian Surf Adventures, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Aloha Greg! Thank you so much for starting our day with a SMILE! We really appreciate your 5-star review and so glad you enjoyed the canoe tour with Lyssa. Sorry you had to experience our Hawaii "winter" with the high winds, but glad you still had a great time! Take care and thanks again, Lisa :)