“SpaHalekulani at the Halekulani Hotel”
Review of SpaHalekulani

SpaHalekulani
Ranked #10 of 114 Spas & Wellness in Honolulu
Reviewed 24 January 2013

We stayed at the Halekulani Hotel over the Christmas holiday and on the second day of our stay we (my husband and me) treated ourselves to the Hotel's spa services.

I had the reflexology massage and my husband the Lomi lomi massage. From the time we walked into the spa to the end of the service we were treated with grace, kindness and supurb service. For some reason when I booked these treatments way in advance there was a glitch somewhere along the line as the spa reservations got mixed up and we were not confirmed for our service and I had to call to confirm and when we arrived at the spa the treatments/ reservations were all mixed up. However, the spa reception handled the mixup with grace (and speed) and we were whisked away as if nothing had happened. I am sure behind the scenes there was some quick thinking... Regardless our experience was superb and the two women who provided our services were skilled and lovely. The spa shop is gorgeous and there are plenty of items to purchase. During our stay I even called the spa one day and asked them for a shampoo and blowout and straighten (I have long and very thick naturally curly hair) knowing how busy they and the hotel were I felt a bit foolish asking. But...they were able to accommodate me and I was very pleased. Now that is service.

We are already returning to the Halekulani Hotel this year and will be hitting the spa again as well.

2  Thank RomanVancouver

Reviewed 17 October 2012 via mobile

Beautiful day spa where you are made to feel completely pampered and looked after, as per any experience at the Halekulani. Highly recommend splurging and visiting this truly amazing spa.

2  Thank Rimmer23
Reviewed 9 July 2012

This was my third visit to the Halekulani Spa, each as wonderful as the other, so I decided to write a review. The flight from NZ and Australia to Honolulu is Looooong, and there are no real business class seats on Qantas, so I always end up in Honolulu exhausted and sore. For the past few years I have decompressed with a half-day Grand Voyage package on the day of my arrival: I check in at the hotel, and whisk myself off to the spa. The package comprises of a massage of your choice (I have had reflexology and deep tissue, both excellent), a facial, steam and shower, followed by a mani/pedi. It is a huge splurge: with tax and tip it costs AU$550. But for a once-every-couple of years thing, it's totally worth it.

From the moment of emailing to make the booking, to the minute they walk me to the exit, it's a five star experience. The staff are charming, attentive, and graceful. The physical ambiance of the spa is a delight, all dark wood and gorgeous scents (in fact, so lovely that this time around I splurged on a reed diffuser and shower gel so now my bathroom smells the same!) with quiet reflective 'music' (sounds of the forest or the ocean etc) playing in the background; very relaxing.

The treatment rooms are small, private, and calm. There are safe places to store your things in case you, like me, tend to fall asleep in the middle of a treatment (the first time I went I fell asleep during the massage and they left me there on the table to sleep, for a couple of hours!; this time I fell asleep during the mani/pedi - their amazing upside/down space shuttle seats are so ridiculously comfortable that getting a pedicure anywhere else now seems uncomfortable).

In the middle of the Grand Voyage, a light refreshment is served on the outside terrace. I had a berry and yoghurt parfait and a delicious freshly squeezed juice - it's a treat to sit out there and enjoy the warmth.

At every stage, there are bottles of chilled mineral water set out for you - in the treatment rooms, in the shower, on the table next to you outside etc. They also provide all the usual toiletries and dental supplies, deodorant, shower cap etc.

At the end of my day, as they slipped my sandals onto my newly gorgeous feet, I was feeling so calm and decompressed that I took the advice of the nail technician and went down to House Without a Key for dinner, enjoying sitting outside watching the sun come down and the live music trill - it was a fantastic way to finally "arrive" in Hawaii.

So, it's very spendy, but as a treat it's hard to better.

3  Thank emah
Reviewed 26 May 2012

We visited Lewers Lounge to hear Maggie Heron and Rocky Holmes perform their magic. Afterwards, we toured the hotel grounds and were quite impressed with the beautiful architecture, interior design and overall ambience.

Reviewed 19 March 2012

This is one of the nicest on the island I have been to four here all along the main stretch they start off with a relaxation of the feet then they move you to your therapy room I had a full lot of treatments including the steam shower I highly recommend that one the facial was second to none with the therapist full of knowledge which I like they use epicuren one of my favourites and finish off the treatment with a lovely tea and dessert so dont miss this one