“Legs were like linguine...”
Review of Koko Crater Trail

US$419.00*
Oahu Circle Island Helicopter Tour
Ranked #8 of 333 things to do in Honolulu
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I love this hike! So we ignored all the advice about going early or later and went at noon. My advice to you...go early. Even though it was a straight shot to the top and you swear it's not far, this hike will challenge you because of the increasing steepness and the fact you have to literally step up every step you take. The trail is an old "tram" like track that takes a bit of getting used to. Once there the views are beautiful and the winds feel so good. Remember your water. Can't wait to do it again.

1  Thank Wil-Jr

Reviewed 28 October 2013

You must do this hike early, and do wear sensible shoes, killer on the thighs, and if I am honest a little boring as you get nearer the top, you wonder, am I there yet! But once there, wow the views are out of this world, sit at the very top and just enjoy the scenery it is so worth it. By the way there is one part on the tracks that is over a gorge, if you do not like heights or that sort of thing there is a path to the right of this that brings you round to the trail again so you do not have to go over it.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Wow. What a rush. Last year had heart surgery. So for my one year present I decided to hike this crater. Only .7 of a mile. How hard can it be??? Well when they mean go early they mean go early.
We started at 9:30. Should have been 7:30. Every time I looked up I said "how much farther?" I said I wouldn't quit and I didn't. My wife had no problem she goes to the gym. 1 hr. And 15 min. Later we made it.The view was worth it. Fantastic. My advice take lots of water. Take your time. Relax. It is tough but make able. Be kind to those you are with as we saw tempers flare. That is not nice for anyone. Enjoy!!!

1  Thank lspeirs
Reviewed 26 October 2013

It was hot out, mid-afternoon and we decided to do this hike. Take lots of water, and if you are not in good shape, (just a warning) stick to Diamond Head! LOL. If I lived here, I would do it daily, but at 6am...before it got to hot out :)

Reviewed 24 October 2013

staight up and straight down-a good work out and a great view at the top. Bring sun screen as the track does not have a lot of shade.