“Morning exercise”

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Morning exercise”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We caught the bus from Waikiki which took us to the bottom of the entry. The hike 2.2km round trip so make sure you wear comfy walking shoes! It was really worth the effort. The track can be a bit tricky in some parts but there is a railing all the way up. There are quite a few stairs to climb up towards the top part but the view from the top is spectacular! You can see all the way up to Waikiki.

Visited October 2013

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“ABSOLUTELY MUST DO THIS! Forget Diamond Head!”
Reviewed 6 November 2013

What can I tell you about this hike? It is tough, it is challenging, it is steep, BUT when you completed it (up and down), it will be the number one most memorable thing that you did in Hawaii. We went at noon, after Hanauma Bay, and it was hot and it was busy. there were spots where you can step aside to rest (which i did) but at the end, I felt like Rocky Balboa! The views are stunning. I really thought the run down was much easier. i am not physically fit by everyday standards so I really felt huge accomplishment at the end. Don't let the photos fool ya; the steps are that tall and steep. Bring water.

would love to do it again. my daughters promise to bring me back for this challenge in 20 years when i will be in my 70's!!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank SunGuyMuy
Wellington, New Zealand
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great run”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

This is 1057 steps, a little difficult in places ...but a good run/walk none the less ..breathtaking views at the top

Visited October 2013
1 Thank ZenStone
Brisbane
3 attraction reviews
“Do it!!!”
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

We did a sunrise trek... heading up when it was still dark just so we could enjoy the sunrise, but to be honest the night lights were just as spectacular from the top.

Yes, it's a challenging trek, but well worth it. We did it in a bit under 20 minutes, so I guess we are fitter than we thought. There were a bunch of military guys and girls that were doing it a bit tough, but just take your time and you'll be fine. Wear appropriate footwear and comfortable gym type clothing (not jeans like I saw some people) - you'll be glad you did when you're having to stretch a little towards the top. Take a headlamp if you're planning to do it in the dark, which I highly recommend. Nice and cool and you'll have the place to yourselves and will enjoy encouraging the troups when the start heading up when you're in your way back down. Enjoy!!

Visited November 2013
Honolulu, Hawaii, United States
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Legs were like linguine...”
Reviewed 30 October 2013

I love this hike! So we ignored all the advice about going early or later and went at noon. My advice to you...go early. Even though it was a straight shot to the top and you swear it's not far, this hike will challenge you because of the increasing steepness and the fact you have to literally step up every step you take. The trail is an old "tram" like track that takes a bit of getting used to. Once there the views are beautiful and the winds feel so good. Remember your water. Can't wait to do it again.

Visited September 2013