“Holiday workout”

19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Holiday workout”
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

The workouts don't stop when you go on holiday right? This was fantastic a really steep climb up to Koko Head. We saw it on Hawaii 5O and McGarrett didn't let us down.
If you like to get a sweat on give it a go.
I must say the section of the path where the ground drops away did throw me a little! Wear your sneakers & take some water, go early to beat the heat

• Chinese (Traditional) first
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Hard and Rewarding”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Thought it looked like a simple climb but was proven wrong on only the 5th step! Once at the top, the view is extraordinary with great shots of waikiki and the crater.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank MalyMalz
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Hardest hike ever! Awesome place!”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I am a marathoner, and Koko Head made me feel like I have never worked out in my life. You have to go up 1050 steps on a railroad path. Yes! A thousand and fifty! Coolest hike ever! Why? Because you get to hike in Hawaii, get an awesome workout, and experience one of the most amazing views of the Southeast of Hawaii. Take a lot of water and snacks. Otherwise, you will probably pass out. Have fun and good luck!

2 Thank Andy C
Porirua, New Zealand
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Amazing hike”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Go early, bring water and sensible shoes! It gets crowded at the top so you have to get the right spot and time for a photo but most people there were more than happy to snap that photo for us. Take water and not sure if they are there all the time but there was a swarm of insects there when I was at the top back in May. We made it to the top in about 45 minutes and we were walking slow.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank TrevorKeough
Honolulu, Hawaii
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Worth it!”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Get there before it's too hot! I arrived around 8 am and it was perfect! My GPS took me to the road located across from Hanauma Bay and it was closed so I had to drive back and take the road that went thru a residential area to get to Koko Head park. Stop at the bathrooms on the left before heading up the trail. The trail is difficult, but well worth it once you make it to the top. Take a water bottle with you, it's really hot along the way. Once at the top, climb a little more to the back and you'll see what all the fuss is about!

1 Thank Lisa L