“Great experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Alex's Aquatic Adventures

Alex's Aquatic Adventures
More attraction details
Owner description: My name is Alex Mason. I am a PADI Master Instructor which is the highest instructor rating you can achieve from the Professional Association of Diving Instructors. I have been teaching SCUBA-diving in Hawaii for over 13 years with a perfect safety record. I am able to teach all courses from Discover SCUBA diving all the way through to dive master, I am also qualified to teach 18 different specialties.If you are looking for a small company that takes pride in what it does, you have definitely found the right place! I take out very small groups: a maximum of four SCUBA divers per diving Instructor for both the Open Water Certification course and our Discover SCUBA diving ADVENTURE! My maximum ratio for licensed SCUBA divers is 6 to 1; however 90% of the time we have between two and four SCUBA divers per diving Instructor.This does not mean I can not manage larger groups; I definitely can. For larger groups, I would employ dive masters or instructors to help me best suit your needs, giving you the best ADVENTURE ever. I will still manage the day and make sure everything runs smoothly, as I am always present with you on the boat. My company is small enough to care; my management skills are excellent so I can organize any size group.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Salida, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2014

I am a seasoned diver, and I was looking for a dive guide who's reviews weren't primarily written by "Discover" and student divers. Alex had many excellent reviews from certified divers, so I went with him. He didn't treat me like an inexperienced diver, and took me out even though I was his only diver that trip, and he wasn't going to make any money with just me. They were great dives, and we stayed down as long as we could. He was a great guide, showing me things I would not have seen on my own. All in all, a great experience, and I highly recommend him!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Steven A

Indianapolis, IN
88 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 74 helpful votes
“Great dive”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

We opted to do a wreck and shallow dive. The dives were great. We were rusty since we haven't been diving in a few years and we forgot our card. Alex took care of everything and even called to get our certification. He had all the gear ready and does this everyday. He is very direct and a bit off putting at times, but he really knows what he is doing and gave us a little refresher once we asked. Overall, it was a good experience and Alex knew his stuff.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank samjam801
Regina, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

Went out with Alex's Aquatic Adventures on 2 days for a wreck and shallow dive. He set me up with Tom and I had a great time. I highly recommend Alex's Aquatic Adventure.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank JohnL_2020
Parkland, Washington, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2014

Really enjoyed Alex's straightforward, courteous, and humorous nature. I spent two days diving with Alex to earn my advanced certification. It was a blast! He's got a keen eye for helping spot wildlife (spotted an octopus), and makes sure that you have a positive experience.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Anthony M
Santa Rosa, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Always a great dive”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014

Any time I am in Hawaii I look up Alex to go dive. It is always a pleasure to dive with him. He is always professional and courteous. He points interesting things and always makes sure the dive is enjoyable. He makes sure that every diver understands their equipment and knows how to use it. A very knowledgeable diver who shares his experiences. A very patient and kind teacher.

Visited December 2013