“Awesome surf board rentals, perfect location!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Moku Surf shop

Moku Surf shop
Westwood, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome surf board rentals, perfect location!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

We love this surf shop! You can rent a board for a day, a week, what ever you need for a really great price. And when you want to use your board, you pick it up, go surf and then bring it right back. It is one block off the beach in Waikiki so you don't have to worry about taking it back to your hotel or walking far. The boards are in excellent condition, they have a great selection. I highly recommend that this is the only shop you stop at. Unless of course you want a ton of fiberglass burns from the trashy boards for rent on the beach. You will get a big smile, a great deal and an awesome board at Moku.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank 11travelinwoman11

• Korean first
Calgary, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Best rental rates in Waikiki”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2014

I rented a paddleboard for an hour for $14 from this shop...best deal in Waikiki. They are about 1 block from the beach so pretty close (though that board feels heavy when you return it so I recommend walking it back with two people!).

They gave me extra time to get to the beach (before they started the clock) which was fair.

They even rented the board to me without ID (which is surprising in this day and age). They just asked me to smile into the camera.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank GWA128
Saguenay, Canada
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 14 helpful votes
“Great teacher, good board selection”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2014 via mobile

I took a private surfing course with them. I was standing on a wave within less than hour. Next day I was riding waves by myself; not all but some. They even provide you GoPro filming (for an extra). Rate for board location much more decent than those on the Waikiki beach. They provide lots of good advices. My only reserve is for the lower pricing for those who have followed a course with them. I was not given a bit of paper showing that I was allowed to have the rebate although the teacher was using me as an example of success to prospective clients and they had me on their record; I had to argue to get the Lowe price. Not much but annoying.

1 Thank DiaPolo
Papamoa, New Zealand
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“better than the rest”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2013

I wish I had looked these guys up on tripadvisor before I arrived in Hawaii . As an experienced surfer I was disappointed with the boards I had hired the 1st couple of days from the guys on the beach then I discovered Moku- so happy to find they had some decent boards , I got a firewire the same as I surf at home , yeehah . Plus you can take it to any break on the island , north shore included , and they are cheaper than the others . If you actually surf and not just float around in the line up getting in the way these are the guys you want to go see

Visited October 2013
1 Thank thekingis
Aurora, Illinois
46 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 32 helpful votes
“Awesome Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2013

My children JC and Mavees took a lesson from "Derreck". The price was unbeatable, the lesson was tailored to fit the person's ability. Derreck was very patient with the kids and had them up and surfing in no time.

The best part, aside from learning to surf, was that the kids had a camera on their surf board that recorded pictures and videos of their entire experience! the price to purchase it was very reasonable! what amazing memories caught on camera/video!

The Ugly: although the surf shop is one small block away from Waikiki beach - carrying two surf boards is very difficult. What saved it was the hourly rental price! you could not beat it anywhere else..

I recommend going to this place for surfing lessons and board rentals..

Visited August 2013