“Great place esp. for families” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Side Street Inn Kapahulu

Side Street Inn Kapahulu
Reserve with OpenTable
Side Street Inn Kapahulu is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #88 of 2,326 Restaurants in Honolulu
Price range: US$20 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Asian, Bar, Pub, Hawaiian
Good for: Kids, Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Valet Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Home Style
Cross street: Date St.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great place esp. for families”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014 via mobile

This is a family style restaurant with huge portions. The food is excellent just a lot. Good people and atmosphere

Bremerton, Washington
“Late Night Fix”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Been to Oahu many times and have heard great things about Side Street Inn as the local chef's after hours favorite haunt, but I never made it in. Happens that they opened a second restaurant on Kapahulu and we were craving some local grinds at around 11:15pm and were in the immediate area. Seated us in with no hassles and a smile even though they were closing in 10 minutes. Kyle, our server and quite possibly the fastest, most congenial and efficient waiter I have ever had in my notorious eating career, gave us the lay of the land with the eclectic family-style offerings and we had a table full of food before we started mulling our next move from the bar. You cannot go wrong with Da' Famous Chops & Side Style Fried Rice, both house specialties- gargantuan portions at that. We started with oysters on half and local selection of day Poke both exceptionally fresh, and Char Siu sliders to round things out. More miraculous, with 2 minutes on the clock a table of 13 showed up and Kyle had them eating out of his hand in nothing flat. No kidding, if you want top notch food in the late evening............look no further. This is going to be on my continuing list of must do's each and every time on on this beautiful island. Aloha!

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
New York City
“Best Deal in Waikiki! (If not all Hawaii)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

So, one of the "best" restaurants in Hawaii is in an office building? Okay, the initial set-up isn't there. But the food. You go to Side Street for the FOOD! They say the pork chop is the reason to go. It's good. But DEFINITELY get the Crispy Chicken. OH MY. BEST EVER!

And the Peanut Butter Chocolate cake for dessert? Took 15 seconds for it to disappear. Great service, great fun, great food.

If you have a group, definitely go. We had 9 (including some kids), and the total bill was $120. Best deal in Hawaii!

(Reservations are a MUST.)

Visited July 2014
“I'm jonesin for some pork chops!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Side street inn. Where do I start? Their food is da bomb! If you want some serious kau kau this is the place. The people that work there are totally friendly. The people that eat there are as well. But the food.... soooooooo generous the portions! My personal favorites, the pork chops, fried rice, boneless kalbi short ribs. I could go on and on. The chops however are #1. Sometimes I wish I could just have a plate of the bones! You get 3 huge chops cut off the bone into easy to eat pieces and they also give you the bones that still have meat on them. Don't judge me but I can eat those like theres no tomorrow! I need to move to Oahu!

Pleasant Grove, United States
“Great food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2014

This place is great! They serve family portions and you can't eat it all. The food is great and service is fantastic. The Fried Rice is a must get. Great family atmosphere.

Visited June 2014