“Great 4 Kidz / A Torture 4 Parentz!”
Review of Teddy Bear World Hawaii - CLOSED

Teddy Bear World Hawaii
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Teddy Bear World Hawaii, Oahu’s newest attraction!Teddy Bear World Hawaii promises a truly unique visitor experience that’s unlike anything else in Honolulu – immersive, interactive and totally one-of-a-kind. It’s entertainment for theentire family, for the young and the young at heart. Located on Kalakaua Avenue, right in the heart of Waikiki, we’re just a few convenient steps from the beaches and hotels. So take a break from the sun. We’re ready to welcome you with a giant bear hug.
Useful Information: Stairs / lift, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Make sure you use the coupons in the "Best of Oahu" coupon book - it gets you some $ off admission as well as 10% off in the gift shop. We had 2 adults and 2 kids in our group. You enter via the gift shop on the bottom floor - and the exhibit starts on the top floor. Beware - they will give you a clipboard scavenger hunt - it is boring - and the prize is worthless - don't do it! BTW your admission is good for 24 hours - so if you enter in the morning - you can come back with the same tickets the next morning (but seriously I wonder who does?). It's just teddy bears - so your kids will be amazed - and the adults might get a bit bored. Take it slow and have your kids enjoy all the different teddy bear re-enactments of classic movies and history - otherwise you will be done in 15 minutes. At the end there is a teddy bear animatronic Elvis show that lasts 6 minutes - if you enter while it is already on - then join it halfway if you wish - but you can always restart it after. (the kids loved it as grandpa is a big elvis fan and they r used 2 hearing his music - I am sure other kids will be left wondering who elvis is - or was) The gift shop was surprisingly underwhelming - my daughter bought a mermaid bikini for her existing teddy bear - and my son got the official "small" Teddy Bear world bear - both were reasonable priced. We will definitely take our kids there again next trip - and yes there are lots of photo opportunities with the different bears.

17  Thank NVANKID C
There are newer reviews for Teddy Bear World Hawaii

Reviewed 28 July 2013

What a total waste of money. $11 for adults and $7 for kids seven years old and up. As the name states it's all about bears dressed up representing different sports, one was Elvis, one as Obama, etc,etc in different themes. The whole thing took us fifteen minutes, in other words the place is really small for what you pay so make sure you find a coupon. Also, for it being a kids place the staff sure weren't friendly. Be prepared to spend $$ for a cheap toy bear at their store located entrance/exit. Save your money, do something else!!

1  Thank Sheekar
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

Got a child? Go to teddybear world.don't have a child go there anyway lol. An Elvis show who would have thought.
It was charming along with all the other cleverly created exhibits. Warning the T-Rex scared my 5year old. Think it was the moving eyes that did it. High light was looking for harley bear you tricky little thing:-). ONLY one complaint. Please!!!please!!! change the bear from New Zealand's costume coming up the stairs.its so wrong. We were all so happy to see a NZ bear and then disappointed to see it dressed in a zulu type of costume. Apart from that well done.

2  Thank hoodz
Reviewed 11 July 2013 via mobile

I have to admit, I had low expectations for this place but had a couple of hours to waste with my boys- ages 2 and 3, so figured, why not? I was pleasantly surprised by how much both the kids and I liked it. There is so much detail in every exhibit and it was fun watching the boys discover lots of the little details. I would definitely recommend this place for toddlers and preschoolers; and even their parents! We are headed back there tomorrow again since the tickets are for 2 days... Which makes the entry cost fair. Don't forget to look for coupons in the little ad books all around town, we saved $2 a ticket with it.

1  Thank Maccas76
Reviewed 19 June 2013 via mobile

Probably good for little kids but nothing really to see without an outrageous admission fee. Biggest ball of twine in Honolulu.