“Tastiest in Town”
Review of Shimazu Store

Shimazu Store
Ranked #32 of 103 Dessert in Honolulu
Description: Great shave ice in Honolulu. See http://www.yelp.com/biz/shimazu-store-honolulu for their reviews. Deserves to be on TripAdvisor!
Island of Hawaii, Hawaii
“Tastiest in Town”
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

A must have for those looking for excellent shave ice at a reasonable price... It's much better than Island Snow!

The only setback it the limited street side parking.

Livingston, New Jersey
“Best Shave ice we had in Oahu!”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

This was without a doubt the best shave ice we had on our trip to Hawaii. I am still amazed at how a snow cone could be so amazing in Hawaii, but even more amazed that each place could be so different. This place is very hard to find, but just follow your navigation and it will get you there. It is in a part of town that you wouldn't normally find yourself. It kind of sneaks up on you. It is packed with locals and tourist who stand in line for minimum 15 minutes to get the chance to order one of these fantastic cones. I ordered mine with ice cream and sweetened condensed milk, and it was amazing. I wish I could go back, but since we stopped on the way to the airport, that clearly wasnt possible until our next trip. They have more flavors than I have ever seen on any other menu, and their portion size is almost too big. I can not even think how someone could have rated this as anything but the best ice they have ever had, but I understand everyone has their own palate.

• Visited February 2014
Kauai, Hawaii
“Bad don't go”
Reviewed 1 February 2014

The shaved ice was not good, you have to buy one of their plastic cups to fit the cone so it would not drip. This place is just like any other place, it just taste like ice.....with sweetner.

Visited January 2014
Everywhere
“The most awesome and delicious shaved ice eva!!!”
Reviewed 26 January 2014

It is worth a trip to Shimazu. After reading the reviews on tripadvisor, we decide to take a drive from Ko' olina to get some real shaved ice. We tried Aoki last year, which was delish. I hear that Aoki has since closed. During the week, I am sure parking is tight at Shimazu (street parking only), but we went on a Sunday and there was plenty of parking and NO LINE! Lots of flavor choices, but next year, I think I will stick with the basic flavors instead of the exotic. A small is HUGE and plenty for two, but I decided to get my own and I couldn't finish it. Check it out!

• Visited January 2014
“This is no snow cone!”
Reviewed 12 January 2014 via mobile

This shave ice is to a snow cone as the space shuttle is to a bottle rocket!

I was going to bypass this place but my wife's friend had been adamant that we needed to go. There is NOWHERE to park and it's just a tiny place on a very busy street. But once you get the ice you will see why it's so popular.

The consistency is more like a fine slush than the typical snow cone ice. It's just different. And there are tons of interesting flavors. I had creme brûlée, banana cream pie, and red velvet with condensed milk on top. Wow!!

It is worth the trip. Just designate a driver to circle around the (very very long) block and take turns if you have to.

Just get here!