“Coakeoach on the table while eating”
Review of Genki Sushi

Genki Sushi
Ranked #514 of 2,405 Restaurants in Honolulu
“Coakeoach on the table while eating”
Reviewed 20 January 2013

I went Genki Sushi locate at Ala Moana mall on 19-Jan.2013 at around 4:00 pm for late lunch with my familiy.
Food taste wasn't bad and we were happy about the food quality and kept ordering.
All in sudden, I found one Cockroach crawling on top of our dinning table and called waitress.
The waitress grabbed this little monster with napkin and she said "sorry" to me.
Can you believe that Cockroach on the table while eating?

You can imagine their kitchen condition.

The waitress offered 20% discount on my bill but I refused to take this offer and paid full amount of my bill and left immediately.

Canada
“Good, above average”
Reviewed 22 November 2012

This was a pleasant surprise. Everything we tried on the train was good, fresh, they dont let the food sit long, and if it's not consumed fairly promptly they remove the dish and dispose of it. Excellent value for the $ and tasty food. We would eat there again.

• Visited September 2012
South Australia
“First time trying sushi”
Reviewed 16 July 2012

My Husband wanted to go here, I was a little apprehensive as I have never tasted sushi. I must admit if you love this type of food, then this is the place to be, they had a lot of different choices but I just couldn't enjoy it.

Visited July 2012
Indianapolis
“Fun, Easy Way to Have Sushi”
Reviewed 14 July 2012

We really liked this place and ate there twice during our stay in Waikiki. The sushi is very good, though not extraordinary. We really liked the conveyor belt delivery of the sushi and just being able to grab what you want off the belt as it comes around. That way, you don't have to hassle with placing an order. You just sit down and get the food and start eating. Chopsticks, wasabi, soy, everything is at the table.

Pricing is very reasonable and is based on the color of the little plate that the sushi is on (yellow = $1.50, green = $2.20, etc). When you're done, the server simple looks at your number of plates and what colors they are and calculates your bill. While it is easy to lose track of how much of a tab you are running up, we loaded up on sushi for and Coke for about $10 per person.

Definitely recommend as a great place for sushi in the Waikiki area.

Hope this helps.

• Visited July 2012
Florida
“Hit the spot”
Reviewed 7 July 2012

We are big fans of what we call Sushi-Go-Rounds and this place hit the spot. Varied options on the conveyor, decent prices per the various plate colors, fresh seafood, tasty and satisfying. Even some items I hadn't seen before. The fun topper was cupcakes mixed in with the savories and they were moist and delicious.

Visited July 2012