Like others before us it seems, we reserved this hotel thinking we had booked the Hilton Hawaiian Village where we stayed previously. The Hilton Waikiki Beach of course is a downtown Waikiki property without the private beach and other amenities its sister property enjoys. That said, this was a pleasant enough stay. We were allocated an ocean view room on the 33rd floor with great views. Although quite small, the room was nicely furnished and in good condition. The hallways and some of the public areas looked like they too had recently been refurbished.
The hotel is one block from busy Waikiki Beach but we enjoyed a morning swimming in the sea there and walking on the (very crowded) sand. On the next day we sat by the hotel pool in the morning which was quite restful - there is a bar space there but it wasn't in use - just a small pool and some sunbeds. By the afternoon this area had become crowded and we chose to move on at that point.
With Hilton Hhonors gold we got complimentary access to the Executive Lounge. This is an uninviting space located in the hotel basement. There's no window outlook or natural light and we found it sterile and soulless. There are canapes form 5-7pm each evening which were ok and a small buffet breakfast. Soft drinks are self serve from a dispensing machine into plastic cups - not very impressive.
The hotel staff we met were all fine - no one went out of their way with welcomes or help but there were no service disasters either.
All in all this was an ok stay and the property would be fine if you want to be close to the busy restaurants, shops and bars of Waikiki Beach. That aside, I'd say the Hilton Hawaiian Village would be a better all round bet.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel, featuring NO resort fee, is located in the heart of Waikiki, is just steps from Waikiki Beach. This property is a blend of modern, understated elegance combined with true Hawaiian character. Hotel is 100% smoke-free and offers valet-only parking as part of its top tier service. Our world-famous restaurant, MAC 24-7 features modern American cooking influenced by fresh local ingredients, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Nightly live music in our lobby bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, TravelUp, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Odigeo, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Hilton Waikiki Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Prince Kuhio
- Honolulu Hilton
- Radisson Waikiki Prince Kuhio
- Hilton Waikiki Beach Hawaii/Honolulu