“Beautiful Stay!”

Ranked #26 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Galveston, United States
“Beautiful Stay!”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I have stayed in Hotels all over the world and this one will stand out. They actually care about their guests and treat them as Honored Guests. The location is superb for seeing the Waikiki Beach area.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

1 Thank Timothy S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (930)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We spent 7 nights here during our Hawaii Vacation. Hotel is very nice and close to Waikiki beach. It's not a beach front hotel, so don't expect a direct ocean view, however you can get ocean view depending on your room through other buildings. I was Hilton Diamond member at the time and was told at the check-in to not expect any upgrade as the hotel was fully booked. This was weird as I had not asked for any upgrades. Also, it seemed like they were very particular about the guests' access to the executive lounge. The staff in general seemed very negative. This experience pretty much caused me to switch from Hilton to Marriott. Now, I am Marriott platinum and have had really good experience with all my stays. This hotel is really nice, room and amenities were really good. I just did not have the pleasant experience I expect on my vacation.

We used the parking right next to the hotel which turned out to be much cheaper.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
GM-HiltonWaikiki, General Manager at Hilton Waikiki Beach, responded to this review, 6 December 2013
Aloha and thank you very much for taking the time out and writing a review on your recent stay with us. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the room and what the hotel has to offer. I do apologize about the service that you received during your stay. I am sorry that it had a negative impact on your vacation and I would like to let you know that this is not common practice. I will be sure to bring this up in our managerial meetings to make sure that this doesn't happen in the future. Aloha and Mahalo

Japan
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Returning Hawaii residents, we were not there for all of the typical "tourist" stuff. We still had such a wonderful time there. The hotel upgraded us to a Junior Suite for the price of a regular room and put us on a high corner floor with views of both the ocean and the town. The Staff was above and beyond from the instant we parked till the moment we left. People everywhere but never a wait and never a staff member without a smile; they showed us so much aloha. We were traveling as couple but the room was so big we were able to invite some of the relatives up for drinks and food. My expectations were exceeded in every way and my wife thanked me; she was so happy she was nearly in tears. It was just a short stop between Guadalajara Mexico and Japan and wish we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on a higher floor.
2 Thank Khamkeo
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 November 2013 via mobile

I made the reservation expecting it to be a 'has been in the 80s' style hotel but what a nice surprise! The room was recently refurbished. Nice comfy beds and plenty of storage in the bathroom and everything is so clean and new. It is so quiet in the room you can hardly hear the traffic or your neighbors. I loved the little lanai where we enjoy our morning coffee (sometimes lunch too). Excellent location. Close to the beach and all the action while not in the middle of it all. I will recommend Hilton Waikiki Beach (also called the Prince Kuhio Hotel) to all my friends.

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ashley_Sydney
Allentown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 19 November 2013

My wife and I stayend in the Hilton Waikiki on a trip that was a mixture of pleasure and business. The entire exprience was incredible and was made more fascinating by the excellent customer service received by the Hilton Waikiki Beach staff. Specifically, Izza Ottman, one of the front desk customer service Reps was incredibly curteous and accomodating. A true Hawaiian hospitality was displayed by Izza Ottman - well done!!! I would absolutely recommend this hotel in the middle of Waikiki beach. An incredibly pleasant experience.

Room Tip: The views were excellent. You can either have a view of the beach or of the mountains. Either view...
2 Thank Fadi A
GM-HiltonWaikiki, General Manager at Hilton Waikiki Beach, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Thank you so much for the wonderful review of your recent stay with us. It is always great when our employees go above and beyond for our guests and it is even better when they are recognized for it. We showed Izza this review and she was very appreciative about it. Aloha and Mahalo

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 15 November 2013

Decor of hotel is quite nice. Rooms are fairly spacious & well maintained. Check-out staff we rather unfriendly. Pool was closed for function which was pretty annoying as we were only there for one night and leaving at 5am the next day. Its a 5-10 min walk from all the action but that meant a peaceful night sleep.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

3 Thank Jessica G
Aloha and thank you for the review of your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel itself, but would like to apologize about the experience with the front desk staff. I do hope you had safe travels home. Aloha

Fort Worth
Reviewed 13 November 2013

Hotel was fine. Some things in the room needed repair. Toilet flushed itself every few minutes. Although I reported this directly at the desk I was asked to call someone else. Among the really good things were the people working in the Mac-24. Very nice people. My favorite person at the hotel was Myles at the Hang Ten Pool Bar and Grill. Really a nice guy. I have known him for years at this location. If you stay at this hotel please go by and say Hi to Myles.

Room Tip: I like a mountain view because you will see the ocean every day.
2 Thank John D