“Nice central hotel in Waikiki”

Hilton Waikiki Beach
Ranked #27 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Reviewed 18 December 2013

We stayed for one week at the Hilton Waikiki Beach in early December. We did the same thing two years ago. There are a few disadvantages. For example, the Hilton honors lounge is in the basement (it has a basement feeling) with a limited range of food items. The pool is fairly small. But the advantages outweigh the shortcomings by a large margin. The rooms are large and clean with nice views of the city or mountains. The rooms are cleaned fairly early in the day and in a good reliable way. The staff are highly professional and friendly (some with a wicked sense of humor). The restaurant is modern and nicely designed with a fairly wide selection (though some items are pricey). Most important, the hotel is situated in a central location and is reasonably priced. We certainly would return to this particular hotel.

2  Thank brian790

Reviewed 18 December 2013

Great customer service from check-in to check-out. Staff was friendly and helpful. Facility (lobbies, main entrance, rooms, business center, etc.) is very well maintained. I wasn't crazy about Honolulu in general but if I had to be there again on business, I'd try to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MGreen0001
Reviewed 18 December 2013

We loved our stay with this hotel. The rooms are clean and very comfortable. The staff was very kind and attentive. The food in the hotel restaurant was outstanding. It was hard to find food outside the hotel that would rival it. We would definitely stay here again when travelling in Honolulu!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Kim M
Reviewed 17 December 2013

I stayed for two nights at this Hilton on business travel. Even with the government rate this hotel is pricey, but well worth the cost. The hotel is a few blocks off Waikiki Beach, but I had stellar the views of the city from my hotel room. The lobby is large and open, with several smaller seating areas – the lighting, layout, and fell is ambient and trendy.
My room was simple and beautiful. Although it was tight, I was able to work out in my room. The furniture (bed and large chair/ottoman) was very comfortable. The bathroom was among the nicest bathrooms I have seen in a hotel – also very trendy, clean, and upscale.
Valet parking – only $25 for one day/night – was very reasonable. There were several valets and I never waited for more than a few minutes for them to either take or bring my car. They were very courteous, and didn’t make you feel like they were itching for tips like I have experienced with some valets (and I probably tipped even better because of it).
On my departure day, my flight wasn’t until 10pm. When I checked out, the front desk agent let me know that I would have access to a complimentary room for 60 minutes to shower/clean-up before my flight. This allowed me to visit the beach in the afternoon (they also provided me beach towels!) when my business for the day was complete and prior to departing. The complimentary room was nothing short of the room I had stayed in the prior night – in fact, it was a standard hotel room with all the typical luxuries and amenities.
I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Waikiki Beach area of Oahu.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank MDRoadWarriors
Reviewed 17 December 2013

The hotel is of an overall high standard. the staff are friendly and helpful. The 24 hour restaurant is a disappointment, the food is not of good quality and somewhat overpriced. The lounge bar is excellent value during happy hour.The hotel upgraded us to an extremely high quality suite. We were very grateful as the luggage for a 20 day trip took up most of out floor space in our original room. Valet parking is slow in delivering cars, they do not offer a call down service, just turn up, ask and wait. The Executive Lounge is a disappointment, poor food on offer, drinks are far more expensive than in the Lounge Bar one floor up! Traffic in the area is horrendous rendering making a flights a nightmare.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean view on a high floor.
2  Thank bryneglwys
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Great value for Waikiki. Nice Staff, Clean, quiet rooms. Good location for finish line of Marathon. Mac Restaurant has a great breakfast menu with lots of healthy choices. It is only 1 short block to the beach. This hotel would be good for families or couples. We stayed in an Ocean View Room 3010! Great views!

1  Thank Janice F
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Great place to stay we upgraded to an ocean view room which was really worth it to be able to sit on the balcony and watch to world go by especially the action on the water Hotel was a little further from main street action than on previous stays but not too far to walk rooms were comfortable and clean staff very helpful

Room Tip: upgrade to ocean view room to make the most of Waikki beach
2  Thank KayeH55