“Pretty awesome!!! :)”

Ranked #27 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
London, United Kingdom
“Pretty awesome!!! :)”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Me and my family stayed for two weeks in july and the hotel was lovely. We stayed in the executive rooms which are on higher floors but it's totally worth it as you get an amazing view aaand the best bit…complimentary breakfast! Its was one of those proper ones with egg, sausages, fruit, cereal, pastries, juice…yeah…
The rooms were a tad bit on the small side for a family of four but we managed okay. Our room was clean and serviced everyday and the staff were all very friendly. The hotel has been renovated recently so there was a fresh feel about the place. There were no noise issues and no wi-fi problems. You can also book trips with the hotel at the tours desk in the lobby. We went on an island tour, saw Pearl Harbour, went to Kualoa Ranch, Diamond Head crater and the polynesian culture centre. All were really really enjoyable.
The location was ideal as the beach is just a block in front of the hotel. There are plenty of shops and restaurants on the road opposite the beach as well. A regular tourist bus service runs from outside the hotel to pretty much everywhere.
Overall, this hotel was perfect. Good location, breakfast included (executive package), nice clean hotel and lovely people.
Totally worth it :)

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank kiran u
GM-HiltonWaikiki, General Manager at Hilton Waikiki Beach, responded to this review, 4 February 2014
Aloha thank you very much for the five stars! I am ecstatic to hear that you had a wonderful time with us and also around the island. Thank you for all the kind things you said about the hotel, the room, and especially the staff. I am really happy that we had such a positive impact on your vacation. Aloha and Mahalo

Thomas Foti

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (948)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed one night prior to cruise and really enjoyed the hotel. Nice view of the beach, clean, quiet and convenient. Had a problem with our keys when we checked in and the security representative was there within minutes to let us in and provide us with working keys. On site restaurants and bars were every good and we regretted not being able to stay longer.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

I stayed here about 2 years ago and really liked it so I booked it again for this trip. We stayed in an executive ocean front room. It was much mor run down than last time. Lamps and the ceiling had stains on them. The carpet is worn and faded in places. The bathroom had mold in the grout lines, and even the duvets had holes and some stains. The room had a musty smell too. We paid as much for our room as we would have paid for an ocean front at Hilton Waikiki Village or at other beach front Waikiki Resorts but wanted the quieter more relaxed atmosphere we thought we would get here. I will not be staying here again. Plus, the front desk gave us bad information on two different occasions. I was really disappointed with this stay!

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
GM-HiltonWaikiki, General Manager at Hilton Waikiki Beach, responded to this review, 2 January 2014
Aloha and thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. We appreciate your feedback and we’re very sorry you were unhappy with the comfort and appointment of your guestroom and common areas. Your feedback is incredibly important to us and we will keep your comments in mind as we constantly work to improve our on-property experience. We hope to have another opportunity to serve you, if your travels bring you back to our area in the future.

Thomas Foti
Kirkland, WA
Reviewed 29 December 2013

It could have been a nicer stay had WI-FI not a charged item - every other hotel that I have stayed in this year includes use of WI-FI in room free. Check-in clerk did not inquire if we had HHonors; later when I remembered and was giving it clerk, I was told I should have done it at check-in. BR was very nice (supposedly an upgrade) including a very contemporary bathroom; amenities were sufficient and of good brand. Even after readjusting the AC to temperature suitable, it came on and off during the night, making sleep very hot or very cold. What is the deal? This condition made for a very poor sleeping night.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

My family stayed at the Hilton Waikiki Beach overnight before a cruise and then for four nights afterwards. The rooms are pretty much exactly how they appear in the photos, they're clean, comfortable and relatively spacious. We found there was plenty of room to store luggage in the cupboard in the bathroom or on the luggage stand. The beds were large and very comfortable, good pillows too.

On our overnight stay, I was on the 16th floor while my parents were on the 27th. It wasn't a big deal, but it did get a little annoying after awhile having to use the elevators to get to different floors to see them. In my room, the toilet wasn't flushing and the air con didn't work. I went and reported it to the front desk and they said it would be dealt with shortly. When I returned I found that nothing had been done and went back downstairs and reported it again. When I returned the second time I found that it had been fixed.

On our four night stay we managed to get interconnecting rooms which made everything a lot easier. My room this time had a bath and shower combo but I preferred just the shower, made less of a mess of water all over the floor. My balcony door wasn't locking so I went and reported it again to the front desk to find that when I returned, it hadn't been fixed again. I reported it a second time and it had finally been fixed.

I liked the pool and spent most afternoons and evenings in it.

One day we were there and it rained and stormed heavily in the morning. That day we had done a tour of the island and returned to the hotel well after it had finished. The Hawaiians are quite cautious of the rain as they don't get a lot of it but the hotels reaction to it was ridiculous. The shut down the pool the entire day even when the sun was out and shining and the rain had well cleared away. They said they were worried about flash flooding (the pool is on the tenth floor!) and slippage although the pool area was dry as a bone and is more wet when people have been swimming in it and walking around all wet! There was actually a man in the hot tub when no one else could use the pool which I found amusing, after all what's to stop him from going in the pool? When we returned to the hotel the pool had been reopened, around 5pm. The Marriott's pool was open all day, we could see it from our room.

Overall a good, comfortable stay. I probably wouldn't stay again just because I wasn't that impressed with how many times I had to keep asking to get appliances fixed before something was done about it.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Blackie, AB
Reviewed 29 December 2013

The hotel has a great pool and hot tub with lounging chairs and full service bar. The rooms are clean and comfortable. Lobby is bright and airy with a lovely garden area. There is entertainment in the evenings in the lobby also. There is a restaurant, convenience store, valet parking, coffee shop open in the mornings. Free internet in lobby.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Cheryl K
Texas
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Husband and I spent Christmas on the beach at Waikiki here at the Hilton. Checked in late on Christmas Eve, at around 11pm. Front desk staff was delightful. We were given a mountain view room on the 32nd floor. Was so nice. Room was clean, bed comfortable and balcony breezy. Such a quiet location. We had the balcony door open most of the time that we were in the room and had very little noise.

The housekeeper on our floor was so sweet. She spoke to us each time we left our room. Reminded us to put on "sun lotion" when she saw us headed out with our towels. Asked us if we needed fresh towels, more coffee - so nice. All with an amazing smile.

Whomever hires people here does a great job. Axel at Mac 24/7 was awesome! Kept us smiling on Christmas morning as we sat at the bar and had breakfast. Dave at the valet stand was quick to remind me to behave. :)

I would totally stay here again. Even without the ocean view, the view was awesome. Ask for a higher floor. Wish that they had a restaurant with outdoor seating. That was the only thing that I missed.

Kudos to the GM and HR dept. for such fine associates you have working there.

Room Tip: Pick a high floor!