“Excellent hotel, great location and helpful staff”

Hilton Waikiki Beach
Ranked #27 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Excellent hotel, great location and helpful staff”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

We stayed at the Hilton Waikiki Beach in the first week of May 2014. We didn't have a huge budget but this was a medium priced hotel. We opted for a ocean view room and it was well worth it. We had a corner suite and got a view of both Diamond Head and the beach. Our room was modern, spacious and clean and the bed was very comfortable. The pool area was quite nice and the gym was very good for a hotel gym. Very short walk to Waikiki Beach and lots of restaurants and convenience stores. We had breakfast in the hotel twice during our stay and it was very genour and delicious. We also enjoyed happy hour at the bar one evening and the live music, drinks and food was great and well priced. The staff were very helpful. Additionally, there is a trolley stop right out of the front of the hotel for a trolley to take you directly to Ala Moana shopping centre (it's about 20 mins away). I would probably chose to stay there again if I am in Honolulu. This hotel is well located but is at the quieter end of Waikiki beach which is a nice change.

Room Tip: If you get an ocean view room, ask for a corner room as you can get a view of both the ocean and dia...
1 Thank Melanie R
GM-HiltonWaikiki, General Manager at Hilton Waikiki Beach, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Thank you very much for your excellent review. I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy everything that we have to offer. It sounds like you really enjoyed yourselves and our location as well. Please visit us again some time soon. Aloha and Mahalo

Thomas Foti

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (948)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We were offered the use of a room for an hour after 3PM on the day of checkout. This means we were able to take a tour, swim at the beach and still shower and change before catching the long flight back to Australia.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

GM-HiltonWaikiki, General Manager at Hilton Waikiki Beach, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Thank you for the review and I am happy that our Hospitality Room worked out very well for you. I hope the flight back to Australia was a safe one. Aloha and Mahalo

Potomac Falls, Virginia
Reviewed 10 May 2014

We had a great view of the mountains on a high floor. Room was nice all the way around. Staff was A+. Short walk to beach. A lot of inexpensive dining options right around the hotel. Only negative is the heavy traffic at times on the main street.

Room Tip: mountain views are nice
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Aloha and thank you very much for the review. I am thrilled that you had a great time with us and thank you for the kind words about the staff. I hope you had safe travels back home. Aloha and Mahalo

East Lansing, MI
Reviewed 10 May 2014

My friend and I were warmly greeted by the front desk. The room was impeccable with a beautiful view. Offered was breakfast each morning and snacks in the afternoon in their executive lounge. Surprisingly, even the staff in the lounge were so friendly and helpful.

My friend had a birthday while visiting Waikiki. Brian, the manager at this location recalled my friends birthday and made it such an enjoyable experience. We could not thank Brian and his staff enough for such an enjoyable experience.

The hotel is very nice and I'd recommend it highly. The only drawback is if you want to have your resort on the beach, it's a few blocks away, but you can see it fine. A great incentive is this location does not have a resort fee. Resort fees in Honolulu are pretty much worthless. Usually, all the resort fees include are a bottle of water, some slow internet, and access to a gym (I'm on vacation, not working out).

Try the Hilton, I know you'll enjoy.

Room Tip: I prefer upper floors and away from the elevator.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Bkbuzz
I am so happy to hear that Brian was able to make your stay extra special, for you and your friend. I am thrilled that you had a wonderful time with us and I will be sure to show this to Brian and his staff. Thank you very much for the five star review! Aloha and Mahalo

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two nights, bed and breakfast as part of a package deal with an Australian cruise agent therefore I can't review value for money, but I'm sure there are deals to be had.
The hotel is very good and if you are lucky enough to get a beach view or mountain view all the better. Rooms and bathrooms are extremely clean, facilities also not too shabby. Service staff friendly and very helpful. Breakfast made to order. Make a note of happy hours, which are daily occurrences. Bus and trolley stops outside the door, one block away from the beach and very close to shopping. All in all I would recommend this hotel if you happen to be staying in Waikiki.

Room Tip: We were in room 1217 on the 12th floor with mountain views in the distance. All rooms have a small...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Aloha and thank you for the comments about the recent stay you had with us. I am glad that you enjoyed the time spent and the view of the mountains at night are truly spectacular. I hope you had safe travel back to Australia. Aloha and Mahalo

Kapaa, United States
Reviewed 8 May 2014

From the reservation to the check-in to the room to the dining to the pool to the check-out = 100%. Believe what you read on Trip Advisor about this resort being as good as it is because...it is. I am a forever customer and THANK YOU for making my recent stay at your resort absolutely spectacular :) I do have one question though...why can't every resort be like The Hilton Waikiki Beach?

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Wow! Thank you so very much for this fantastic review. Thank you for the five stars and all the praise about your experience with us. I am thrilled that everything was perfect from beginning to end. To answer your question...If every resort was like us, then we would just be like everyone else :) Aloha! Mahalo!

Kamloops
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel, April 7-13th and the staff and service were outstanding. Frills Agcaoili and Mary Neister should be singled out. Thank you. Go and see Robert Axel for best Mai tai at 7/24 lounge. You won't be disappointed. Breakfast and happy hour for gold and diamond H/H members was very good, as well as all restaurant food. The renovated rooms are very well done and ocean view rooms great, even though Hotel is one block off the beach. If you are flexible with your time then you can score some great rates. We really liked this hotel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Mahalo for the wonderful review of your stay with us, I am so pleased that Frills and Mary were able to make your stay that much more enjoyable. Please come back to stay with us the next time you visit Waikiki. I will also mention to Axel how great his Mai Tai is! Aloha and Mahalo