“Room with a view” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #24 of 84 Hotels in Honolulu
London, United Kingdom
“Room with a view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

When I checked in I was automatically upgraded to an ocean view, had to say it was a great way to wake up every morning. The hotel itself is very nice, within 2 minutes walk of the beach and shops, the hotel itself is average. It has all the key amenities, it clean and modern. Don't expect 5* feel it more like 4*, if you are looking for a 5* hotel in waikiki with a wow factor look at the hotels situated on the beachfront.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Michael K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (905)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Canton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

My husband was teaching a training class at the hotel. The conference center was beautiful and the staff was so thoughtful and willing to help in any way possible. Every detail was thought of. The food served during the training sessions was phenomenal. We also ate (twice) at the MAC 24/7 which is located in the lobby of the hotel. Wonderful food and very friendly staff.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 26th floor, ocean side. It was nice to look out and see the beautiful blue waters...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank kristta k
GM-HiltonWaikiki, General Manager at Hilton Waikiki Beach, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Thank you so very much for the comments about the recent experience you had staying at our hotel. I am thrilled that you thoroughly enjoyed that food that was served at the conference and thank you for mention our amazing staff, they love going above and beyond. Please visit us again the next time you come to the island. Aloha and Mahalo

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

A clean hotel with great service and a great restaurant. Live music in the lobby nightly was a nice touch and the pool was always at perfect temperature. Thumbs up!! My only pet peeve is that today I don't believe we should pay for daily internet access in the room any more......just my opinion.

1 Thank 859josepha
Omaha, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

My primary purpose of this trip was for business. Had it been leisure I would've been extremely disappointed in the pool and pool bar. However, the rooms are very comfortable and the staff is very friendly. At times there was only one person working the concierge desk and people were lined up to speak with her. We waited for awhile and then went up to the front desk to ask for information.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

1 Thank Amber P
GM-HiltonWaikiki, General Manager at Hilton Waikiki Beach, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Aloha and thank you for the review on the recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed your time at the hotel while you were on business. Mahalo

Boston
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

When I walked in to the hotel I knew I was going to love it! The food at the hotel was great. The pancakes where delicious and the service was great they sat you right away. The room was the best. After the 10 hour flight which was not fun at all I laid down right away. The pillows were so soft and the sheets were warm. The bath room was clean and had shampoo, conditioner, etc. The pool was perfect temperature the hot tub was a little to hot for my tastes but it was nice once I got used to it. They also had a drink bar at the pool. I loved this hotel so much!

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Joostinsreviews
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

We stayed at the Hilton recently in Waikiki near the water and were pleasantly surprised. Our room was very clean, we had a nice bathroom and a view of the ocean. The service was great and we especially enjoyed the Mac 24 Restaurant. We had a breakfast plan and Wi-Fi and it was well worth it. Loved the convenience to other stores and the bus line. We did a lot of touring in the city and enjoyed the lovely beach and our time there. Would definitely recommend it to anyone that might be visiting Hawaii.

2 Thank petermd2014
Thank you very much for the five stars and great comments about your recent stay with us. I am happy to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and our award winning restaurant, MAC 24/7! I am glad that you had a great time around the island as well. Aloha and Mahalo

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Oahu, specifically Honolulu, was the 2nd part of my wife & I's dream Hawaii trip celebrating our15-Year wedding anniversary and of course we had our children with us. As a HHonors gold member I racked up enough points to book 3 nights in a standard (island view) room at the Hilton Waikiki. Upon checking in on a Sunday afternoon, the front desk greeted me warmly. After giving them my ID, I asked by chance would they have a ocean view room and they said they were indeed checking.

As luck would have it, one was available and I was offered a complimentary upgrade to a room on the 29th floor with a great view of Waikiki beach! The room was smallish but the decor was very nice and well appointed. The double beds were very comfortable and we enjoyed our stay. Did I mention the view? The hotel lobby was inviting and spacious. Mac 24/7, the restaurant on the lobby floor, was also pretty good.

The great thing about the Hilton Waikiki is that, although it's not right on the beach, is within very easy walking (1 block) from the beach, the nice shopping on Kalakaua Ave., as well as several shops and restaurants on Kuhio Ave. Since it is on Kuhio you will also find it a bit less noisy than being off of Kalakaua Ave which was a good thing in my opinion.

If you are planning a trip to Honolulu and Waikiki specifically, I would highly recommend the Hilton Waikiki Beach. The staff are very friendly and helpful and the hotel itself is great.

Room Tip: Request a high floor to minimize street noise (Waikiki always has something going on). If you have a...
1 Thank Sojoerner