My husband and I recently stayed here for our honeymoon. I don't understand the complaints about small rooms as I found our mountain view room perfectly adequate! All staff we encountered were attentive and friendly. House keeping we're efficient and even didn't mind coming back later on the mornings we wanted a lazy lie-in!
Only used the bar/restaurant a couple of times - once to avoid tropical storm Iselle! But the staff were all great and the food was about the same price as in some nearby restaurants. We went to Tikkis bar and grill a few times as it was recommended by the hotel and meant we got to sip cocktails near the beach watching the sun set!
The pool is small and it can be windy up there but works for me as I get overwhelmed in crowds sometimes such as on the beach. If you time it wrong though be prepared to have to compete with the kids for space in the pool! I think I managed to avoid getting hit during a rather long ball game however! The beach is a short walk away and the hotel provided towels. It was worth it to say I'd swam in the Pacific.
Hotel maybe looks a little dated in places but it honestly didn't bother me. The only disappointing thing is we mentioned it was our honeymoon a couple of times and I see other reviewers saying they got chocolates sent to their room without asking. I know a paradise destination such as Hawaii probably gets people saying that all the time but it does feel like we got treated differently when you see so many mentions of it in other reviews. It's a very minor thing though and I can't fault any of the staff because they were still very friendly! I'd definitely stay here again as we hope to return to Hawaii someday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel, featuring NO resort fee, is located in the heart of Waikiki, is just steps from Waikiki Beach. This property is a blend of modern, understated elegance combined with true Hawaiian character. Hotel is 100% smoke-free and offers valet-only parking as part of its top tier service. Our world-famous restaurant, MAC 24-7 features modern American cooking influenced by fresh local ingredients, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Nightly live music in our lobby bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Odigeo, TravelUp, Southall Travel, Hilton Hotels Direct and Hotels.com so you can book your Hilton Waikiki Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Hotel Honolulu
- Hilton Honolulu
- Prince Kuhio
- Honolulu Hilton
- Radisson Waikiki Prince Kuhio
- Hilton Waikiki Beach Hawaii/Honolulu